Butte, MT or Huron, SD
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The position, Information Analyst, is an integral piece of the Business Technology Team. The successful candidate will work in a team environment to provide Application support relative to NorthWestern Energy’s technology systems.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. In addition, the successful candidate must be a self-starter who pursues self-education, is customer focused, supports the organization’s goals and values, and is willing to work extended hours as necessary. Participation in an on-call rotation schedule is required.
While performing the duties of this position the employee will be required to see, walk, climb and balance, reach with hands and arms, sit, stoop, kneel, crawl and crouch under 1/3 of the time. Standing, sitting and using hands to type, finger, handle or feel will be required more than 2/3 of the time as well as being able to talk or hear over 2/3 of the time. Employee must be able to lift up to 10 pounds up to 2/3 of the time and up to 40 pounds under 1/3 of the time. The employee must be able to travel across the service territory to facilities and operate standard office equipment as required. The employee is expected to travel with a laptop computer and other necessary training peripherals. Employee is expected to take laptop home each night for disaster recovery purposes.
The Information Analyst responsibilities include application development, business analysis, project management, and customer service support.
This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and key responsibilities. It does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned.
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards
- Application development work is completed collaboratively using tools such as .NET, and common databases
- Understand and execute principles, theories, concepts, and techniques related to Windows Client, Database, and Web application development
- Interact with business stakeholders to determine functional requirements and translate requirements into the final solution
- Effectively and efficiently organize, plan, execute and coordinate multiple work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates when assuming Project Management responsibilities
- Provide technical support to end users on a variety of computer hardware, software and telecommunications issues in a multiple platform environment
- Diagnose, identify, research and resolve problems
- Comply with internal controls, policies, practices, procedures and standards
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy’s values, mission, goals, strategic business objectives, Effective Leadership methodology and Code of Conduct and Ethics
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com
Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect . In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Monster - 6 months ago