This position is accountable for the development, coordination and execution of reporting needs within the organization along with providing research, analysis, and recommendation for efficient and effective methods to improve processing efficiency, data quality and reliability, reporting, and accessibility of key human resource management information within the HRMS (Human Resource Management System).
Environment: Human Resources – SQL platform database - owned
Applications: SQL Server, MSAccess, OrgPublisher,
Areas Affected: All employees and supervisors at all Company locations (3,000)
Nature and Scope
The Information Analyst reports to the Manager, Application Development. The Human Resource Management System (HRMS) supports the Human Resources functions of Compensation, Benefits, Employment, Training & Development, Employee Self-Service and Manager Self-Service.
The incumbent is responsible for the ongoing development, coordination and execution of reporting needs within the organization. This will include providing research, analysis, and recommendation for efficient and effective methods to improve processing efficiency, data quality and reliability, reporting, and accessibility of key human resource management information. These reporting tools will be used by internal HR and external management customers and should be accomplished using whatever means are technologically available and feasible. To accomplish this, the incumbent utilizes general HR knowledge and must develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the core HRMS including table and data structures for Compensation, Benefits, Training, and Employment information, data-mining software and reporting tools.
The incumbent is responsible for monitoring data feeds from the HRMS to external service providers.
The incumbent will also provide research & recommendations on new or changed business processes through coordination of affected users to correct or improve functionality. This requires excellent communication skills with non-technological users and varying levels of employees and managers. The Information Analyst will also need to understand the customers’ business environment and how they do business in their industry in order to best serve the customer in gaining effective and efficient business processes.
The Information Analyst will develop and maintain a general understanding of current issues, developments and trends in the field of Human Resource Management so that solutions are developed with an emphasis on functionality. The objective is to deliver solutions that are adaptable to changing requirements and that strike a balance between decentralized accessibility, and centralized control and security.
The knowledge and skill necessary to perform this function are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree with a focus on Management Information Systems or Computer Science. A minimum of one year's experience in extracting, manipulating and reporting data from databases for analytic purposes using standard commercial application business software (e.g., spreadsheet, database, word processing, etc.) is required. Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills are a must, coupled with a solid math and statistics aptitude and a general analytical approach to solving problems.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons' Statement of Principles:
1. Research, analyze, recommend, design and implement efficient & effective methods to continually improve processing efficiency, data quality and reliability, reporting, and accessibility of key human resource management information by internal HR and external HR customers through use of whatever means that are technologically feasible and available.
2. Research, analyze, and recommend new or changed business processes by coordinating with all affected users and to correct or improve functionality, efficiency, data integrity and accessibility.
3. Develop and maintain proficiency in knowledge of data sources throughout the organization in order to maximize results of project assignments.
4. Document all new or changed automation procedures so that they may be reviewed and interpreted by all levels of internal management.
5. Develop and maintain knowledge of other functions within human resources to provide versatility and flexibility in current assignment, and to support career development opportunities.
6. Maintain a keen eye for opportunities to leverage technical expertise for advancement of system functionality and enhanced automated reporting capability.
7. Stay current with industry developments, with an emphasis on HRMS and convey applicability to management and potential for improving the quality of services and contribution to company goals.
8. Establish and maintain professional associations within the field to take advantage of developmental and networking opportunities that provide an inlet for new ideas and competitive information.
9. Develop and maintain an open and candid relationship with Manager, Application Development through regular contact to discuss all-important matters and to make suggestions for improvement.
10. Develop an understanding of the document, "Statement of Principles" so that all services are carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy contained therein.
The Andersons, Inc. - 18 months ago
Andersons, Inc. is an entrepreneurial company with diversified interests in the agriculture and transportation markets. The Company operates...