IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, providing advisory services to businesses and governments, and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets. In fiscal 2011, amid economic uncertainty across the globe, we helped our clients create jobs, strengthen environmental performance, and contribute to their local communities—all while driving our investments to an all-time high of nearly $19 billion. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Corporate Business Technologies Department (CBT) is the Information Technology department within IFC. CBT provides flexible, robust and secure IT solutions and services to enable IFC to achieve its mission and business objectives in all IFC locations worldwide. An opportunity exists within the Enterprise Architecture team for a Information Architect to join this dynamic team and contribute to the continued success of the department’s work program. The selected candidate will report to the Head, Enterprise Architecture.
CBT is seeking a seasoned IT professional who will work in close co-ordination with other architecture disciplines within Enterprise Architecture as well as application portfolios to understand business requirements, identify data and information needs, identify tools, technologies, information models, frameworks, components, services, and interfaces to be used in building systems. The candidate will guide project teams in developing the Information Architecture for new systems as well as enhancing existing ones ensuring alignment with IFC’s business and IT strategy.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Establish and enforce standards and guidelines for data modeling, logical and physical database design, data services, and SQL programming.
- Enhance the information architecture knowledge base of IFC by documenting existing and new systems using IFC’s EA methodology.
- Understand business and functional project requirements and guide data architects in evaluating the impact of changes in information flows on existing systems.
- Evaluate and recommend alternative information architecture tools, techniques, and infrastructure for a successful implementation with appropriate justification and trade-offs in terms of feasibility, effort, and schedule.
- Review design documents for completeness, correctness and compliance with the defined architecture principles, guidelines and standards.
- Assist PMO, Production support, and Infrastructure teams on technical issues during deployment and stabilization periods.
- Analyze IT industry trends to determine their potential applicability at IFC including areas such as cloud computing, mobile computing, collaboration, and business analytics.
- Support efficient execution of IT Audits and Risk Assessments and resolution of identified risks.
Applications must be submitted online. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check the status of their applications by visiting www.ifc.org/careers.
- Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (preferred 8-10 years) in data modeling, data warehousing, SQL programming, logical and physical database design, and establishing design and programming standards.
- Exposure to information management concepts such as Master Data management, Data Warehousing and Data Marts, Data normalization, Snow and Star Schemas, and Taxonomies.
- Extensive hands-on experience analyzing and resolving database design and performance issues.
- Experience using data modeling tools such as Erwin.
- Oracle certification in PL/SQL and 11g SQL tuning.
- Ability to direct the work of other Information architects in a lead role.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.