Deadlines/Schedules - The ability to complete, or oversee the completion of, job requirements on schedule, as well as the ability to communicate job status to management, fellow associates, and the client.
Cost-Effectiveness - The ability to produce and oversee quality work within profitability goals.
Communication Skills - The ability to provide effective communication between the client and all internal disciplines.
Customer Satisfaction/Follow-Up - The ability to establish a rapport with the client that can potentially lead to increased sales.
Development of Subordinates - The ability to assist in the development of associates into employees capable of promotion and acceptance of additional responsibility.
Strategic Skills - The amount and quality of planning, delegating, and proactive skills exhibited.
Team Building - The ability to raise and maintain morale through leadership and effective communication.
Develop, maintain, and /or enhance modular and reusable XSL code (XSLT and XSL-FO) to support published output and/or transformation of XML data based on data and project requirements. Review industry and customer specifications and source data and then work with others as needed (PM, analysts, developers, authors, customers, etc.) to understand, potentially recommend and then document structural and publishing requirements for a given project. Analyze, create, or modify DTDs and/or schema to support structural data requirements. Create data mapping to assist developers in automated conversion of data in one format/schema to another output. Occasionally update/create Format Output Specifications Instance (FOSI) components, Arbor text Command Language (ACL) scripts and/or other related components. Accurately review and update output to ensure compliance with specified requirements.
Associates or Bachelor degree in Computer Science. Business Information Systems. Management Information Systems, or related field. Combination of experience and education can be substituted for formal degree. (2-3) yrs. (minimum) experience working with at least one markup languages. (XML, HTML, and/or SGML). Intermediate to Advanced knowledge (1-3 years) of XML and/or SGML based publishing technologies (i.e. creation, development, and/ or maintenance of 1) data publishing components including XSL technologies (XSLT and XSL-FO) and/or FOSIs and 2) structural data components including DTDs and/or schemas).
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience documenting authoring and publishing processes (i.e. creation of tagging, authoring, publishing guidelines, data maps, etc.)
- Experience and/or familiarity with implementation/development/utilization of military/aviation/commercial specifications or business rules including any of the following: S1000D, ATA iSpc. MIL-STD 40051, 3008A, MIMOSA, etc.
- Familiarity with Web or client-based software development/implementation (specifically in the development of e-commerce systems, content management system development, computer based training, etc.
- Good knowledge of PDF and print technologies.
- Excellent level of detail orientation and strong proof-reading skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate will work closely with the technology staff, and under the direction of the System Analysis and Data Production Manager.
O'Neil & Associates, Inc. - 19 months ago