Information Technology is just a part of IT
What We Are Looking For: (11104)
The Information Architect is responsible for the overall design of the enterprise information architecture (EIA), which describes, through a set of information requirements, principles and models, as well as documentation of the current state, and future states of the EIA. The information architect provides the guidance necessary to project teams, IS&S management team, and business operations leaders in order to achieve effective enterprise change. The purpose of the EIA is to facilitate the flexible sharing and exchange of enterprise information at defined quality levels.
Essential Job Functions:
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Collaborate with business owners and application teams to discover the best possible source of data.
- Research data quality issues using SQL, Ab initio, Excel, MS Access, and data profiling tools.
- Prepare conceptual and logical data models and implementation-level details for transactional, data warehouse, and reporting environments.
- Incorporate implementation constraints for tools such as Business Objects and Tableau into the data architecture.
- Translate requirements and design into detailed specifications for development.Strong communication skills.
- Identify the gaps between the future-state and current-state information architecture and work with other enterprise architects to develop plans for moving toward the future state.
- Provide support and verify quality through all stages of solution implementation. Ensure that the quality, security, stability and agility of the EIA meet evolving business needs by coordinating with other information architects, project architects, and data analysts.
- Ensure EIA is properly scoped on enterprise information — those information assets that are deemed enterprise-significant as determined by business impact, decision impact, risk mitigation impact or organizational impact.
- Establish the uniform and consistent identifiers, formats and protocols necessary for sharing and exchanging enterprise information (including structured and unstructured sources).
- Champion efforts to improve business performance through EIA solutions and capabilities, such as master data management (MDM), metadata management, business intelligence (BI), content management, data integration, and related information management or information infrastructure components.
- Facilitate the development of a corporate data policy that outlines the appropriate data ownership, stewardship and audit requirements, as well as service-level agreements, that must be established and maintained to guide the appropriate use of information in business and IT processes. Educate end-users on the value of data and its associated attributes.
- Prepare conceptual and logical subject area models and implementation-level details that affect the continuum of disciplines involved in the architecture, design, implementation and management of enterprise information.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines (such as privacy requirements), compliance-related guidance (such as data retention and audit requirements) and emerging industry standards to determine their impact on EIA.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in information systems design.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data architecture.
- Hands on experience implementing Business Intelligence or data warehouse solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of the following concepts: Master Data Management, Business Intelligence, Services Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Content Management (Information).
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information solutions at enterprise level (e.g. ERP, CRM, customer master implementations)
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments concurrently while maintaining high levels of quality and effectiveness.
- Effective mentor and coach related to system component interdependence.
- Effective facilitator of technical decisions. Comfortable with working through ambiguous initiatives to develop effective solutions.
- Effective negotiation skills with appropriate teams and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Passing score on a selected entry test for new hires. (Test selected based on project requirements.)
- Retail/CPG experience preferred
- Hands on data modeling experience
Who We Are:
- Proven ability to lead strategic initiatives.
- Proven ability to use conceptualization, pattern recognition, and abstraction in the development of large enterprise systems.
- Data modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
- Business domain, entity content, and process understanding.
- Proven experience working with business leaders to influence change.
- Understanding of common information architecture and information models.
- Understanding of the differences between relational and object modeling.
- Understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less-structured sources.
- Familiarity with MDM, BI and data warehouse development techniques.
- Knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and programming techniques.
- Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
- Participation in formalized IT governance process and business-focused Data Governance initiatives.
- Data profiling and data quality scorecard experience.
What We Do:
- A progressive IT and management firm that has maintained growth by providing consistent, and outstanding, customer services
What We Offer:
- Grow the business of our clients
- Bridge the gap between IT and the business we support
- Focus on the vertical markets of manufacturing, healthcare, telecommunications, finance and media
- Hire team members who are managers, programmers, designers, analysts and engineers at the location sites of Fortune 1000 companies
How to Contact Us:
- Full time employment
- Career advancement
- Ongoing training
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- 401K with Matching
- Paid vacation/holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
Click here to apply online
- Phone: 513-619-5900
- Fax: 513-619-5904
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the position ID with any correspondence (11104)
Resolvit, LLC - 7 months ago
Resolvit, LLC is an IT and management consulting firm that drives its clients through the process of defining what they need. We serve as...