Are you equally right and left brained? Do you believe that beautiful creative is only a tool to support the quest for information? Does the idea of working with global world-class brands get your geek on? Then, we need to talk.
We are looking for Information Architects to work very closely with our teams of designers, developers, usability experts and strategists who are all equally passionate about user-centered design. You must be skilled at the tools of the trade; able to multi-task and work with a wide variety of colleagues and clients; and quick to translate strategic business requirements and UX best practices into frameworks that are intuitive, efficient and engaging.
Reporting to the Senior Information Architect or Associate Creative Director, the Information Architect translates strategic business requirements and UX best practices into frameworks for intuitive, efficient and engaging online user experiences. The Information Architect defines the overall site structure, task flows and page-level content priority. The Information Architect acts as a bridge between Account Strategy and the Design and Development phases of a project and must possess an adequate level of business acumen, and be conversant in brand communication, visual design concepts and interactive technologies.
Essential Job Functions
· Champion the User Experience and Elevate our client’s brands
· Collaborate with other disciplines to structure the optimal user experience
· Define and articulate the hierarchy of information on sites, pages and zones
· Specify the task-flows of applications and functional online experiences
· Gather and document site and page requirements
· Analyze client business objectives and user needs
· Create detailed, annotated wireframes and sitemaps
· Document user interface rules, defaults and conventions
· Facilitate collaborative meetings and deliverable reviews
· Present deliverables to the client
· Adept at working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving agency environment
· Work on 2-3 client engagements simultaneously
· Adopt Resource processes, systems, and deliverable standards
· Manage project tasks within time, budget and scope
· Assist with scoping work according to standards and client needs.
· Assist with IA capabilities development and best practice documentation
· A Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, IA, Technical Writing, Business, or other related field
· 1-3 years of information architecture, HCI, or UI Design
· Proficient use of Visio and MS Office
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail and high standard of quality
· Strong written, interpersonal and business communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-discipline work sessions
· Experience creating functional prototypes
· Previous work with complex taxonomies, content management systems and/or Global Web initiatives
· This position may require up to 25% travel to and from current or potential clients sites, conferences, seminars and/or training sessions
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due
to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position
is exempt based on the FLSA laws.
Resource Interactive LLC - 2 years ago