Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The primary function of this position is to provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development and implementation of Claims Information activities and initiatives.
Travelers Claims is looking for an experienced information architect. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the data assets of the organization are supported by an architecture that enables it to achieve its strategic goals. The architecture should cover transactional and decision support databases, data integration and the means to access the data.
The successful candidate will be a self starter willing to learn current business structure and architecture and apply their expertise for next generation business solutions. The position will require close collaboration with business users, systems analysts, architects, and the developers across geographic locations. The role will provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
Experience working in a matrixed organization is a plus.
- 8+ years in enterprise, application, decision support and information architecture design.
- Proven ability to work closely with the technical and business community across the enterprise.
- Prior experience in an environment consisting of DB2, SQL Server, Teradata.
- Strong database experience, covering NF and Dimensional models, along with ER Diagrams and data modeling tools such as ErWin.
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and data architecture experience.
- Experience in defining and assessing Architectural options with a focus on systems and information integration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing strategies for warehouse implementations, data acquisition, information analytics and information delivery.
- Experience in designing and developing Databases, Data Warehouses and Multidimensional Databases.
- A solid team player.
- Possess an enquiring mind with the ability to abstract general principles from specifics.
- Experience with establishing data standards and best practices.
- Ability to recognize and communicate the value of Data Architecture Design Patterns.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved. Knows how to execute to get things done. Able to perform credible analyses. Uses sound judgment and reasoning to draw conclusions leading to the selection of the best solution from a review of the alternatives. Effectively assesses short-term implications of decisions and understands the impact on the department and business unit(s) supported.
Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
Commitment to Quality Result
Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner. Suggests solutions that make sense and optimize the value of assigned projects. Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience. Recognizes the importance of superior quality in providing a competitive edge. Ensures that reports are precise, timely and accurate.
Planning and Project Management
Works with the project manager/manager in identifying those project tasks that are most important, establishes clear priorities and understands the larger picture. Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
Understands, has input to the budget process, and shares responsibility for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects. Is responsible for important and confidential information.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
Travelers - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Sabre Holdings, an S&P 500 company, is a world leader in travel commerce, retailing travel products and providing distribution and...