Information Assurance Analyst (Job Number: 602155)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Leidos National Security Operation is seeking an INFOSEC Analyst/Engineer to participate as a member of integrated government/contractor teams of technical and functional experts in the conduct of Information Technology, Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense Service Provider (CNDSP) Certification and Accreditation (C&A) assessments. Candidate will provide Information Assurance (IA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) expertise support on a dynamic set of IT efforts. Must have a deep and practical understanding of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) as it relates to IT systems as well as in-depth knowledge of current IA requirements IAW both DIACAP and NIST Special Publications. The candidate will be involved in assessing and improving compliance with DoD Directives and Intelligence Community (IC) guidance, applying current IA best practices to the acquisition, development, integration, evaluation and certification of computer systems and networks. The candidate should understand a wide range of Security and IA issues relevant to system architecture, networking, and evolving security technologies. The candidate will also perform C&A inspections of CNDSP organizations to ensure compliance to DoDI 8530 standards. Assessment parameters will include: security architecture and analysis at the enclave and regional levels; incident response and restoral operations; compliance with DoD, CJCS, NIST and ODNI network security and integrity policies; and IA organization business process continuity and sustainment. Analytical support will include research and development of IA/CND concepts, policies, and strategies, particularly within the national security framework. Domestic and international travel (25% to 35% time) can be expected.
The preferred candidate will have experience in implementing DoD, CJCS, NIST and ODNI security policy, directives, and instructions. This work includes, but is not limited to:
- Supporting the DoD Certifying Authority and Information System Users in the conduct of C&A assessments of Applications, Systems, Networks and Enclaves;
- Ensuring a consistent and compliant path leading to the accreditation of DoD Applications, Systems, Networks and Enclaves;
- Supporting the DoD Certifying Authority and Accrediting Authority in the conduct of C&A assessments of CND Service Providers;
- Ensuring DoD, CJCS, NIST and ODNI security requirements are met in support of the CNDSP C&A program;
- Interpreting and recommending security policy direction and guidance; and
- Developing and providing recommended IA strategies, design and evaluation guidance to validate and enforce DoD, CJCS, NIST and ODNI security requirements.
- Analyses which ensure compliance with the IA/CND security policies;
- Assessing security relevant documentation and preparing guidance and recommendations to improve and correct the results of these analyses;
- Conducting CNDSP C&A assessments and preparing after-action reports that include recommended courses of action; and
- Preparing DIACAP Certification Recommendations and Residual Risk Statements.
- Travel, primarily CONUS (25% to 35%, generally one week at a time)
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 4+ years related experience.
Active DoD Top Secret with ability to successfully complete SCI clearance .
DoD 8570.01-M IAT level III certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire is required.
Must have experience in network security management with a strong understanding of information system security engineering processes.
Applicant must have general information systems engineering experience with specialized experience in the operation and maintenance of large, complex systems or networks.
Must have excellent leadership/management, briefing, writing and customer interface skills.
Experience in information systems security assessments, malware prevention, vulnerability assessments, network monitoring, intrusion detection and incident handling. Military or federal government Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), NetOps, and Incident Analysis experience is preferred. Project experience in a variety of system engineering disciplines such as network security architecture design and analysis, risk assessment, disaster recovery planning, Continuity of Operations Plans, and certification and accreditation. Professional certifications beyond 8570 requirement are a plus. Experience with LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, network protocols, and other security and network operations.
Leidos Overview: Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
- Working Knowledge of IA/CND, Risk Management and C&A policies, procedures and security requirements;
- Experience in conducting information systems security assessments and vulnerability assessments;
- Practical experience with DIACAP and eMASS.
- Preferred experience in NetOps/NetDefense.
- Project experience in a variety of system engineering disciplines such as network security architecture design and analysis, risk assessment, disaster recovery planning and certification and accreditation.
- Additional certifications such as CISA, SANS GIAC, CBCP, etc. are a plus.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Posting: Jan 28, 2014, 1:48:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Leidos - 12 months ago
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in national security,...