- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- A minimum of two to five years of Linux Systems Administration experience (RHEL 4/5/6 ).
- Must currently hold a Security+ certification or be DoD 8570-compliant with the equivalent of an IAT II certification.
- Must currently hold at least a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification.
- Experience analyzing IAVM, CVEs, and Red Hat Security Advisories (RHSA) and applying RPM patches accordingly.
- Experience with YUM and SPACEWALK update architectures and best practices.
- Experience with the SECSCN security scanning tool.
- Familiarity with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
Purpose of the job:
- To limit risk to the Fleet by remediating and mitigating vulnerabilities.
- To aid in the assessment and authorization of Fleet systems.
- Perform and document the integration, test, and deployment of Red Hat patches.
- Conduct comprehensive security assessments of current and future products.
- Have developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely, employing technical writing techniques.
- Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
- Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Scientific Research Corporation - 22 months ago
Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide variety...