Information Assurance Systems Engineer providing DIACAP certification/accreditation and other Information Assurance (IA) support to the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS) at Vandenberg AFB, California. Support the design and development of command/control, network and instrumentation systems throughout the range. Maintain close technical involvement with all contributing developmental and customer organizations. Responsible for providing technical information in the development of all DIACAP documentation, participating in all lifecycle engineering processes, site and system security assessments, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) and Information Assurance (IA) Validations through delivery of systems to the Government.
1. Should possess a good understanding of systems engineering IA processes
2. Experience Performing DIACAP accreditation and implement DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
3. Should possess experience in developing computing system IA requirements and evaluating computing systems for compliance with applicable systems security standards including EMSEC and COMSEC analyses
4. Should possess experience in one or more computing system technical areas in order to evaluate standards compliance for certification
5. Capability of mentoring systems IA engineers in computing system security engineering processes
6. Ability to think logically and devise original solutions to complex systems engineering problems.
7. Ability to work with technically and geographically diverse engineering team activities to meet tight programmatic schedule milestones
8. Strong team motivation and organizational skills within and external to the department
9. Strong verbal and written communications skills, including proficiency with PCs and MS Office/Project to develop technical documentation
10. Desired, but not mandatory – Knowledge of launch range systems
Candidates must have CISSP, GSE, CISA, or CISM within three months of employment. Candidate must have strong experience with the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process and understand the Air Force Enterprise Information Technology Data Repository (EIDTR). Candidate must have experience using scanning and security assessment tools (e.g., RETINA, Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts for scanning and reporting, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance, DISA Gold-Disk, Network Mapper (NMAP)).
*Secret Clearance required
Scitor was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Reston, Virginia with operating locations throughout the United States. Scitor Corporation provides engineering, management consulting and information services to outstanding customers in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, other government agencies, and commercial industry. Recognized as a trusted advisor, Scitor Corporation is the forward-thinking provider of a pioneering service concept called Total Solutions™. We integrate technical, programmatic and acquisition disciplines to build fully defined and executable solutions — all focused on mission success.
The Scitor Total Solutions approach begins with a world-class workforce comprised of professionals from broadly diversified backgrounds. We collaborate with our customers and throughout our company on all phases of complex systems and programs — from initial concept and requirements definition, to acquisition, development and deployment, to operations and maintenance. We are proud of our reputation for integrity, innovation, excellence and the results our Total Solutions produce for our customers.
Working at Scitor is more than a job. It means working with intelligent, innovative and accomplished people. It means having access to a very competitive Total Rewards Program specifically designed and managed to support you and your family. It means being part of a team that shares a passion for doing what is right. It means working for a company based on trust.
Challenging, important work, an environment of empowerment and a very competitive Total Rewards Program provide the foundation for exciting careers at Scitor.
US Citizenship is required as this position requires candidate to obtain and/or maintain a government security clearance. Scitor Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Visit our website at www.scitor.com.
Scitor Corporation - 20 months ago
Scitor, which gets its name from the Latin word meaning "to seek to know," counts on the fact that its clients are looking for an...