Information Assurance Specialist(Applications)
This position supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Field Security Operations (FSO) division in providing Information Assurance/Information Security Services to the Department of Defense. The position location is at either the HP I-Assure Letterkenny office in Chambersburg, PA or Herndon VA. The candidate
This individual will create and/or maintain programs or documents as requested by the government customer or as directed by leads. Additional activities may include Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) assessments, working with lab environments, vendor tools or diagnostics, and security assessment processes.
The team provides expert security guidance in the form of vulnerability analysis, implementation recommendations, and deficiency resolution support to the customer locations. Team members produce Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) artifacts in the form of documents, automated security assessment techniques, and ad hoc risk assessments. Additionally, team members may be asked to attend public technical forums, training, and security consulting to DOD organizations or sites.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
10-12 years of engineering and administration experience coupled with the ability to write. This is not a hands on, systems administration position but it will require working with systems in a lab environment. IA experience and understand security concepts and principles is required.
Secret Security clearance is required.
Security + certification is required.
CISSP is preferred.
• MS Exchange experience. 2003, 2007,
• database experience. Oracle 11, MSSQL 2012
• IIS and/or Apache web server experience. IIS 7/Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Apache 2.4
• Postgres SQL 8.x and/or 9.x experience.
• In depth Desktop application experience, with understanding of Word Macros and other detailed programmatic capabilities relating to MS Office products.
• Firefox/IE Web browser configuration and deployment experience, not just as a browser user.
• General knowledge/understanding of how these technologies work and desire to learn more about them in the future:
o Understanding of PKI and certificates
o Windows and Unix Operating systems
o Application programming languages
• Policy experience/knowledge:
o DoD policy 800-53 and 8500.02
• Ability to utilize technical knowledge to write technical guidance on how to securely configure and deploy technologies.
• Ability to write security requirements for securing various technologies and work with vendors as they write guidance on securing their products based on
the written requirements.
• Ability to interact with customer and work within a scheduled timeframe
Pennsylvania-Chambersburg-Pennsylvania - Chambersburg
HP - 22 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...