Security Clearance Status:
Security Clearance Type:
US Citizenship Required:
Overall Responsibility: Ensuring operational security is maintained for government Information Systems (IS). Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement and enforce IS security policies.
- Oversee all IS users to ensure they follow established IS policies and procedures.
- Review weekly bulletins and advisories, including Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERT) bulletins, that impact security of site information systems to include, USCERT, Air Force (AF) AFCERT, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA), and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Automated Systems Security Incident Support Team (ASSIST) bulletins.
- Ensure development of system accreditation/certification documentation by reviewing and endorsing such documentation and recommending action to the DAA Rep.
- Maintain a repository for all system accreditation/certification documentation and modifications.
- Formally notify the IAM and the DAA Rep when a system no longer processes classified information or when changes occur that might affect accreditation/certification.
- Coordinate IS security inspections, tests, and reviews.
- Investigate and report (to the DAA/DAA Rep and local management) security violations and incidents, as appropriate.
- Ensure proper protection and corrective measures have been taken when an IS incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Ensure development and implementation of an effective IS security education, training, and awareness program.
- Access only that data, control information, software, hardware, and firmware for which they are authorized access and have a need-to-know, and assume only those roles and privileges for which they are authorized.
- Ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle.
- Establish audit trails and ensure their review.
- Ensure user identification (USERID) and authentication mechanisms of the IS or network are established.
- Ensure the most feasible security safeguards and features are implemented for the IS or network.
- Ensure no attempt is made to strain or test security mechanisms, or perform network line monitoring, or keystroke monitoring without appropriate authorization. Required Education:
High School Degree with 8+yrs of experience
Implementing and enforcing IS Security Policies
- Four to six years of experience in a computer security or IT related field required. - Three years of specialized security training and performance in a classified environment. - Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written - Must be organized and have strong attention to detail skills. - Proficient in Microsoft Project, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Form Flow, Visio and web-based applications - Computer security certification (CAP, GSLC, Security+CE) required within six months of hire. This position requires compliance with DoD 8570.01M for IAM Level I.
- Secret must be Active within the last 5 years Preferred Skills:
Familiarity of General Knowledge of Security Regulations: - AFI 33-202, Network and Computer Security - JAFAN 6/3, Protecting Special Access Program Information within Information Systems. - DCID 6/3, Protecting Sensitive Compartmented Information Within Information Systems. - ICD503, Risk Management Framework Implementation
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...