Information Assurance, Systems Administrator
Huntsville , Alabama
Major Duties and Responsibilities
MTSI is seeking an Information Assurance/Systems Administrator applicant to support the Information Assurance (IA) team in a Gov’t maintained Testing and Analysis lab facility. The selected candidate will support multiple activities including systems administration on primarily Windows systems, with a strong emphasis on upgrades, patch deployment, and IA threat mitigation. A small number of UNIX/Linux platforms will be present also. Activities may be varied, including supporting inventory control, attending regular team meetings, installing/upgrading/repairing server, workstation and network components. All activities are performed in a configuration-managed environment, where attention to detail and team coordination is a must.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Information Technology, including systems installation, troubleshooting and operations.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of government Information Assurance policies and procedures.
- Candidate must possess certification in Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of patching linux-variant operating systems.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required or must be obtained within 6 months after start date.
- Other qualifications include an understanding of domain management, integration between Windows and UNIX-variant platforms, and experience in maintaining consistent configurations in an operational systems environment.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, have strong written and verbal communication skills and be capable of working in a team environment.
- Experience with Symantec backup software, Symantec antivirus protection, and a basic understanding of Cisco operating environments.
- Industry certifications such as A+ Certification, CISSP, are a plus.
BS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
Current DoD SECRET clearance is required; a TOP SECRET clearance is desired.
MTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. - 17 months ago
A fast-paced and dynamic 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides leading-edge...