Analyzes customer information requirements and product specifications to define technical content strategy and plan. Designs and develops written and/or visual product-related information - hard copy, web - (e.g., user/configuration/troubleshooting guides), and online information (interactive demos, help systems) integrated into product, for a variety of audiences (end user, system administrators, internal support engineers, product developers, training developers). Codes, builds, compiles, and tests online information and/or sets-up, loads and tests systems hardware to create information deliverables and provide feedback on ease of use and user interfaces to product development. As customer advocate, helps define/refine product requirements. Develops standards and style documents and templates, scripts, style sheets, and script and graphic libraries to ensure common look and feel. Interfaces with cross-functional areas as a member of the product development team, such as marketing, test, support, and manufacturing.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert both internally and externally. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. May provide expertise to functional teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Develops guidelines and procedures to set future precedent and direction. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active security clearance or must be capable of maintaining/obtaining a clearance.
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Typically a First Level University degree in Technical Communications, ComputerScience or related technical/communications field and a minimum of 6+ years related experience or an Advanced University degree and a minimum of 4-6 years experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of tools and technologies to support multiple technologies.
- Represents company in professional associations, e.g.,STC, ASM-SIGDOC, IEEE, technology standards committees such as DocBook Standards Committee.
- Knowledge expert for multiple products within a technology.
- Creates information strategy for a technology.
- Designs, develops and maintains highly complex technical information for multiple audiences.
- Participates in multiple projects concurrently.
- Leads other Information Developers for complex projects.
- May manage multiple, complex projects with the responsibility for overseeing outsource vendors.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active security clearance or must be capable of maintaining/obtaining a clearance.
HP - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...