Information Engineer Intermediate CCV (Job Number: 332845)
Information Engineer Intermediate CCV:
The candidate will take a leadership role as part of a team responsible for the design and development of a variety of information sharing mechanisms implementing the OSS SOA infrastructure, interfaces to it, and core Enterprise Service Bus implementations that support it. Candidate will be involved in the full development lifecycle, including user interfaces, business logic, and communications services. Work will be performed in team environment to complete projects in a timely manner, and the candidate will be expected to act in a leadership role to ensure work is sized, planned, and executed in an efficient manner. The candidate will also need to work independently when called upon. The individual will apply an organization-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design, and implementation of these systems. They will perform enterprise strategic systems planning, and enterprise information planning, as well as performing process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts.
The candidate will also support the creation of change requests, implementation plans, test plans, user guides, installation guides, training guides and other required documentation in support of eventual deployment of new capabilities for new SOA interfaces, feature upgrades to existing components, and overall architectural enhancements to this critical portion of the OSS Infrastructure.
Candidate will be expected to have the following experience:
Additional consideration will be given to candidates also possessing:
- Extensive experience designing and implementing SOA implementation applications and components using JAVA J2EE.
- Experience designing and developing Enterprisee Service Bus implementation using Progress Sonic Based Messaging queues and/or a similar product such as IBM Websphere.
- Experience designing and developing Enterprise Applications using CORBA and Webservices, to include specific examples of work in CORBA/SPRING/XML/XSD/XSLT/Encryption and Webservices.
- Experience working in a formal software development lifecycle (ISO 9001 or CMMI experience preferred)
- Experience integrating with existing systems by meeting pre-defined APIs
- Experience providing High Availability applications, and data-checking capabilities.
- Knowledge of Databases, Data modeling, Oracle and Mysql
- Experience delivering software on a tight schedule
- Experience with OSS Element Management Systems (EMS) and MTOSI data formats.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other discipline directly related to the labor category + five (5) years experience of which at least three (3) years must be specialized. Directly relevant work experience in excess of ten (10) years may be substituted at hirers’ discretion.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Work Location is contractor facilities in the NCR (McLean, VA and/or Hanover, MD)
- Periodic travel to Fort Meade, Maryland, required (1 day a week)
- Commercial Experience Required
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
- CISSP Highly Desired (may need CISSP in 6 months)
AA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + seven (7) years experience of which at least six (6) years must be specialized.
Relevant military training or one and one-half (1½) years of relevant military experience + an additional seven (7) years experience of which at least six (6) years must be specialized.
Portions of SAIC to be renamed Leidos, Inc., subject to stockholder approval and consummation of a separation transaction if approved by SAIC board of directors. SAIC is pursuing a plan to separate into two independently traded companies: one that provides technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services primarily to the U.S. government (the new SAIC), and one that delivers technical solutions in national security, engineering and health (Leidos, Inc).
SAIC Overview: SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va.. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
Job Posting: Dec 2, 2013, 7:03:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 12 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...