The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the largest behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. We have been helping to make a difference in the areas of education, student assessment, individual and organization performance, health research and communications, human development, workplace equity and statistical research methods. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us.
AIR’s Corporate Information Resource Center (CIRC) team is searching for an Information Resource Associate who can provide database support critical to AIR’s tracking of funding opportunities and coordination of additional project and proposal resources. This individual will effectively support the communications, reporting, and training for the systems and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Maintain database of marketing and funding opportunities in the Funding Opportunities Tracking System (FOTS) to ensure data validity.
- Prepare monthly results reports for senior level officers and CEO.
- Provide training for users of corporate information and collaboration tools.
- Help staff locate resource materials
- Administer Intranet and Microsoft SharePoint infrastructure to include creating collaborative workspaces, services, pages, and databases.
- Design and deliver training for individuals and teams on the features.
- Provide customer support and trouble shooting for systems and project collaboration sites.
- Write content, maintain AIR’s Intranet, and assist customer organizations’ Intranet Content Coordinators in creating value with the corporate intranet resources.
- Identify tasks that could be done more efficiently with SharePoint technology. Design and program automation for such tasks.
- Provide back-up for IRB Administrator, including managing PADII application and review requests.
- Explore SharePoint capabilities needed by AIR staff, including those for data management, display and access
- BA degree with 2 to 3 years experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint highly preferred.
- Passionate about providing customer service and enabling others to success with technology. Excellent people skills with the ability to work responsively in a support role.
- Strong analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to details
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Advanced familiarity with Excel, including use of macros and formatting
- Knowledge of website design or experience with content management system editing tools (such as Dreamweaver or Cold Fusion) desired.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for learning and using new technologies.
- Familiarity with federal and state government procurement and proposal generation processes will be helpful.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...