Eastman Chemical Company (EMN):|
Eastman is a global specialty chemicals company that produces a broad range of advanced materials, additives and functional products, specialty chemicals, and fibers that are found in products people use every day. As a world leader in the diverse markets it serves, Eastman is focused on delivering innovative and technology-based solutions while maintaining its commitment to safety and sustainability. Serving customers in approximately 100 countries, Eastman had 2011 pro forma revenues, giving effect to the Solutia acquisition, of approximately $9.3 billion. The company is based in Kingsport, Tenn., USA, and, with the completion of the Solutia acquisition, now employs approximately 13,500 people around the world. For more information, visit
This position will require a technically adept, innovation-oriented information professional who is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the changing nature of library services and technologies. This person will provide critical, decision-ready information research to the technical and business community. This position includes engagement with innovation and business teams to lead information discovery, proactive analysis and content creation as well as library and information services innovation strategy responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic level research with a focus on patent searching, analysis, competitor and technical landscapes, competitive intelligence, and market potential, in addition to business, engineering, and general research support and analysis.
- Partner with client cross-functional teams to proactively deliver information, strategy, and value-added research by identifying, analyzing and conveying business and technical information.
- Consult with users and project teams on information management issues and lead users to the right questions and information discovery strategies.
- Be responsible for creating, publishing and maintaining specialized content in specific topic areas of critical need to the organization, including web and mobile delivery.
- Evaluate and recommend innovations in emerging technologies for information management including trends in information discovery, delivery and text analysis.
- Serve as the steward for designated information resources whose responsibilities include being the content expert, understanding user needs, analyzing usage statistics, assessing value vs. cost, coordinating vendor visits and relationships and driving end-user communications and publicity.
- Enable end users by developing training and presentations to enhance proficiency and productivity on desktop resources including an understanding of when users should engage the Library & Information Services group
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, Experience and Background:
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Master's degree in library science from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience searching commercial patent and technical databases and business databases for Corporate or Academic scientists, engineers and/or researchers, (such as STN, Derwent coding, Chemical Abstracts, LexisNexis).
- Ability to communicate well with both colleagues and internal customers at all levels of the organization. An outgoing and proactive approach to communication and problem solving is essential.
- Ability to provide information leadership to client technical and business project teams and guide team information needs.
- Strong leadership and project management skills and the ability to work effectively on a team.
- Demonstrated skills in aggregating, organizing, and analyzing complex, multi-source information. Additional expertise in post processing and analysis of voluminous amounts of data is a plus.
- Ability to complete research processes from inception to conclusion, synthesizing data and information from multiple sources, providing clear high level analysis via a variety of delivery platforms.
- Self-directed and possess a creative approach to information research. Well organized and able to prioritize accordingly. Being comfortable in a fast paced environment and responding enthusiastically to challenges is critical.
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Eastman Chemical Company - 2 years ago
Eastman Chemical Company (Eastman) is a global chemical company, which manufactures and sells a portfolio of chemicals, plastics, and...