As a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst at Go Daddy , , , you are responsible for monitoring and securing the Go Daddy environment through intrusion detection/prevention, DDoS mitigation, and forensic analysis. You’ll be responsible for using world-class defensive systems and tools, and assessing and addressing security threats against our network
In this role, you will:
Do you have what it takes?
- Conduct forensic analysis and remediation of security incidents
- Conduct vulnerability testing
- Monitor intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Monitor security bulletins, determining applicability and coordinating action plans
- Manage anti-virus systems
- Install and configuration security agents on new systems
- Mitigate DDoS attacks
Go Daddy’s award-winning technical teams design and support the innovative technologies that are transforming the cloud, the internet and the world. From product developers to network engineers, data center technicians to platform engineers, our expertise ensures our customers have the technical solutions to meet their needs. We develop world-class products that help our customers establish, enhance and evolve their online presence.
- Two year degree in technology-related field or equivalent experience required
- 2 years experience administering Windows and/or Linux systems
- Experience in implementing and supporting information security technologies.
- Experience working in a heterogeneous network/host environment, ISP environment preferred
- Experience with SIMS or HIPS a strong plus
- Experience with MySQL or MS SQL Server a plus
- Strong desire to explore information and make related judgment calls based on observed behavior
- Linux, Windows and networking administration experience. Strong Windows and Linux command line knowledge
- Be able to understand IDS/IPS alerts and relate them to how systems may or may not be affected.
- Forensic analysis experience a plus.
- Ability to use tools such as tcpdump, windump, and wireshark to analyze packet captures.
- Scripting skills desired
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Perform duties on a rotating 24/7/365 on-call schedule
- Use ingenuity to find creative solutions to solve complex problems
- Determine course of action based on extremely complex issues in a time-pressured environment often with a portion of information needed to fully analyze the issue
- Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions in independent work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of employees and third parties
- Coordinate among many corporate departments to solve problems
- Excellent documentation skills
Are you ready to GO with us?
When you GO with Go Daddy, you have the opportunity to be part of something special by making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers. Their success is our success.
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what we’ll provide:
- Passion to contribute to a truly exceptional customer experience, no matter your job title
- Understanding that innovation and creativity is a part of what we do every day
- Agility and action orientation – we move at the speed of tech
- Understanding of the privilege and obligation of being part of a team
Go Daddy has been recognized because of its outstanding benefits, compensation, unique perks, diversity and company camaraderie. Go Daddy was awarded the 2011 and 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility Honoree - Arizona, Iowa & Denver. Go Daddy is the #1 IT Company on Inc. Magazine's inaugural Hire Power list of job creators.
- A fun, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Formal and informal opportunities and support for ongoing learning, growth and development
- Team building activities and recognition
- Competitive base plus bonus incentive
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and insurance coverage for all benefit-eligible Go Daddy employees
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year of employment
Go Daddy’s philanthropic work supports a wide variety of charitable and community organizations dedicated to causes including women and children, domestic violence, child abuse, teenage homelessness, animal shelters and more. Visit www.GoDaddyCares.com for more information.
Go Daddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Life online starts with a domain name.
That’s where domain name registrars like GoDaddy come in. Over 12 million people trust us to make...