Information Security Analyst (Job Number: 603929)
The National Security Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Information Security Analyst with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
- Manage the information assurance process to ensure all proprietary systems and data remain protected from vulnerability.
- Manage information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites.
- Identify and correct system vunerabilities in accordance with System Security Plans.
- Extend IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites.
- Oversee and lead regression testing and Data Management
- Prepare and present Requests for Change (RFCs), Plan of Action and Milestones, and Test Reports to gevernment customers .
- Lead all required required remediation to avoid serious compromise to mission success, while ensuring systems and assets remain operational.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information System Security, System Engineering, etc.)
- 8+ years of experience in information technology and information security and/or systems administration.
- Must have a TS/SCI clearance with full-scope poly
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices
- System administration (Windows and Oracle) background and experience with software installations and configuration management of multiple baselines is helpful
- Must be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies
- Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills
- Must be able to work in a fast moving environment, adapt to changes in schedules, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Travel may be required to Needham for 2-3 days each month, and to San Diego a few days every other month.
The following skills and experience are desired in the successful candidate:
- IAVA management, understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
- Experience with software and security architectures
- Ability to evaluate and develop approach to identified solutions
- Ability to proactively assess and identify system vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of DoD and DON IA Policy, DoDI 8510.01, DoDI 8500.2 (DoD IA Implementation Instruction and DON DIACAP Handbook
- Experience with eEye Retina, SCVVI/SCRI, WSUS Remediation, DISA Gold Disk, DISA STIG and SRR scripts
Leidos Overview: Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Posting: Mar 20, 2014, 7:37:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Leidos - 12 months ago
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in national security,...