CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand – “the Eye” – one of the most recognized in business. The Company’s operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS’s businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia.
CBS is seeking an Information Security analyst to join its Information Security Group. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical information security background and enterprise IT experience and will focus on threat analysis and response. The role will handle operational monitoring and escalation of information security events and serve as the analyst to examine security events for context, relevance, and importance. This position will have the opportunity to work on security and technology with a company-wide reach.
- Investigate suspicious security event activity
- Provide data to the Forensic, eDiscovery and Incident Response teams
- Ensure that all monitoring and activity reports run successfully
- Review and modify the security technology rules and filters to better detect and prevent security incidents
- Develop and implement automation and logic for security correlation purposes
- Participate in escalated security incidents via post incident review meetings
- Research new and emerging threats to gain insight and understanding of the evolving threat landscape
- Develop, document, and present general and technical presentations on security operations
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required, with proven security threat analysis and assessment.
- Deep understanding of security operations, log analysis, intrusion detection.
- Solid experience with SIEM and other related security event and security event management systems.
- Confident knowledge of network, application and host security technologies.
- Strong investigation, remediation, and reporting intuition.
- knowledge of industry standard information security domains.
- Experienced in working in enterprise IT and datacenter environments
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a self starter, work independently and shuffle priorities quickly and effectively.
- Relevant industry-accepted security certifications (SANS, etc.) a plus.
CBS Corporation is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences...