Information Security Analyst
When you decide to join the Digicon team, you gain the benefit of peace of mind. Our clients and partners choose us because we give them the innovations, solutions, and worry-free support that they need to excel. Our employees choose us because we offer the diverse career avenues, cutting-edge work, and corporate culture of stability, camaraderie, and work-life balance that they deserve. Approach the future with clarity and confidence—join Digicon.
We are currently seeking an Information Security Analyst to work at our client site in Rockville, MD. This is a full-time employee position with Digicon Corporation.
Position Description :
The position requires project management skills to coordinate and prioritize information security tasks. Effective documentation and communication skills are critical.
The position will be responsible for protecting the security of the unique multi-platform computing environment (Linux, Apple & Windows) of a health care research environment, which is challenging and requires effective controls that secure data and technical assets while facilitating the free flow of information vital to the research process.
The preferred candidate will possess strong analysis and decision-making skills with the ability to conduct briefings and participate in technical cross-functional meetings; strong commitment to process and understanding of change and configuration management principles in support of a validated environment.
The position will require candidates to collaborate with Data Center, Linux, Apple Macintosh, Microsoft Windows, Oracle Administrators and Project Managers. This is a customer service focused environment with the business needs of a scientific environment, as well as high reliability and a 24 x 7 up time.
Position Requirements :
- Security Tasks Project Management and assignment
- Proactive communication to manage scope and schedule for multiple priorities
- Writing succinct security policies and procedures
- Communicate with executives and end users to convey security concerns
- SA&A - system security assessment and authorization (previously known as C&A), and instant response and analysis to security incidences.
- Work closely with IT managers and the Institute ISSO on Institute-wide security initiatives and projects to ensure compliance to NIH/HHS and federal security regulations and mandates.
- Participate and adhere to change management processes
Additional Skills and Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or equivalent.
- CISM, CISA, CISSP, CAP – Nice to have
Digicon Corporation, founded in 1985, is a full-service Information Technology solutions provider with numerous nationwide clients and over 300 employees. We offer exciting and diverse careers in federal, state and local, and commercial arenas throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area and beyond. As an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides comprehensive and flexible benefits packages, Digicon is dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse community of exceptional professionals. Visit http://www.digicon.com/careers.html for more information.
- Experience in working with different security software (ePO, ESET, Splunk, Absolute Manage, ArcSight, Nessus, SNORT, MIR) and equipment
- Network or server security design and implementation skills; experience in maintaining both local and wide-area networks using Windows Active Directory (FDCC, USGCB).
- Understand IT authentication environments
- Support of federal Continuous Monitoring initiative including log monitoring, vulnerability management/remediation.
- Instant response and analysis to security incidences.
- Resolve escalated issues from Tier 2 and Tier 3 to assist desktop support team
- Design and implement disaster recovery plans
- Actively monitor IT maintained systems with monitoring tools such as Nagois
- Rack and stack servers and network equipment
- Federal and NIH experience
All candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer and able to pass a background check. No relocation assistance is available. EOE M/F/D/V.
Digicon Corporation - 23 months ago