**This position can be located either in our New York City or Los Angeles offices!
• Works with NBCUniversal business units and with other security and risk functions to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and technical vulnerability assessments.
• Assists in the coordination and completion of information security operations documentation.
• Works with information security leadership to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risks.
• Reports to NBCUniversal’s Chief Information Security Officer concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
• Plays an advisory role in application development or acquisition projects to assess security requirements and controls and to ensure that security controls are implemented as planned.
• Collaborates on critical IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
• Works across NBCUniversal’s information technology organizations and members of the information security team to identify, select and implement technical controls.
• Develops security processes and procedures, and supports service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
• Advises security administrators, engineers, and analysts on normal and exception-based processing of security authorization requests.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends information-security-related hardware and software, including developing business cases for security investments.
• Minimum of 10 years of general IT or networking experience.
• Minimum of 10 years of Information Security experience as a primary role.
• Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to work with only minimal supervision.
• Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems [for example, Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Linux] and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls.
• Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans.
• Expert knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts
- 23 months ago - save job
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...