Information Security Engineer
- Provide technical support to internal end-users of various skill levels requiring assistance with digital certificate lifecycle events primarily for SSL, email encryption and digital signing
- Advanced certificate management skills on Windows, IIS7 and UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Displays initiative, resourcefulness, patience, and a positive customer service attitude.
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Experience with certificate-enabled applications, such as SSL/TLS, S/MIME.
- Experience with SSL and PKI certificates.
- Hands-on familiarity with Microsoft Certificate Services and related components.
- General understanding of cryptographic concepts: symmetric/asymmetric cryptography, secure hash, digital signatures.
- Large enterprise IT consulting, administration, or support experience.
- Expertise and Customer Service Support experience (Help Desk), in order to assist internal/external customers in timely manner.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office 2007 or newer: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Familiarity with browser trust stores.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to troubleshoot certificate installation issues as they arise.
- Experience installing digital certificates into application certificate stores.
- Ability to gain expert level knowledge of X509 digital certificates, Microsoft Outlook, and implement SSL/TLS certificates in various types of trust stores.
- Working knowledge of SHA-2, Active Directory and integration with Microsoft PKI.
- Strong experience or familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Smart Card Systems.
- Experience with Remedy.
- Systems or Network Administration experience.
- Advanced certifications (CISSP, MCSE)
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Services
Apex Systems Inc - 2 years ago
Apex Systems is an IT staffing and services firm. We specialize in providing IT professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct...