Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, free coffee, employee events, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning.
As Information Security Engineer, you will be responsible for providing engineering, management, and operational support for system and network security tools; and performing security monitoring and analysis of system, network, and security configuration for company and/or client-facing systems and services. Whatever the responsibilities, you'll have lots of opportunity to make your impact at Ellucian.
You will add value by:
- Providing administration support for the development, implementation, and support of information security systems and tools running on Linux and/or Windows platforms
- Demonstrating and applying expert-level knowledge in several security areas (firewall, VPN, intrusion detection, vulnerability management, Windows/Unix system security, malware, encryption). Will perform tasks with general oversight in business-critical systems that have company-wide impact.
- Assessing information system security within the company and/or client-based sites. Utilizing various network, web, and wireless vulnerability assessment tools to identify security deficiencies and evaluate system components and configurations.
- Researching new information security vulnerabilities and drawing from experience to recommend and proceed with implementing enhancements to current processes, standards, and practices that will improve the security of the organization.
- Custom configuring network security tools including intrusion detection/prevention systems, routers, switches, and firewalls to mitigate possible threats.
- Implementing and maintaining network security controls for internal and/or customer’s information systems, including networks, wireless architectures, operating systems, applications, databases, and other specialized appliances.
- Producing periodic reports on security metrics and security incidents, including attempted breaches. Providing information to management regarding the actual or potential negative business impact caused by exposure, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information.
- Keeping security skills current; being aware of constantly evolving security threats and potential solutions.
- Advising staff and management on industry best practices for information security such as firewall and border router configuration, protection of sensitive data, secure remote access, Active directory policies, password management, and encryption methods.
- Writing and distributing security policies, guidelines, and procedure documentation.
- Training end users and new employees on security policies and the use of security tools and methods.
- Reporting violations and fully complying with all established security policies at all times.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s of Arts/Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5+ years of strong technical experience working with complex information technology security, security standards, and architectural reviews is required.
- Must have hands-on hardware and software implementation experience
- Must have demonstrated experience with systems and networks.
- Strong technical, analytical, trouble-shooting, presentation, documentation, project management, communication, and demonstrated teamwork skills are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail is necessary.
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CISSP, CISM, CISA, or other information security specific certification
- Certifications such as a CCNA, CCNP or MCSE are preferred but not required
Ellucian. - 12 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in...