The Information Security Forensics Analyst uses forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files. The Information Security Forensics Analyst uses their technical skills to hunt for files and information that have been hidden, deleted or lost. They help investigators and other officials analyze data and evaluate its relevance to the case under investigation. Information Security Forensics Analyst also transfer the evidence into a format that can be used for legal purposes (i.e. criminal trials) and often testify in court themselves.
- Conduct computer forensic investigations and electronic discovery requests for legal and corporate clients, using proprietary methodologies and cutting edge forensic tools.
- Support the project manager by communicating the progress and any issues of all assignments, and support the sales and marketing team’s efforts when requested, by assisting with sales calls to corporate security managers, attorneys, law firms, and litigation support firms. Will also network with members of local trade associations and other groups of interest.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with the following operating systems: Windows, Macintosh, Linux or UNIX, and DOS. Must have understanding of information systems security; network architecture; general database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; electronic mail systems, such as Exchange and GroupWise; Microsoft Office applications; intrusion tools; and computer forensic tools such as EnCase, Access Data, and FTK. Experience conducting security assessments, penetration testing, and ethical hacking are desirable.
- The candidate must be able to conduct exams on compromised computers and servers.
- Proficiency in conducting live analysis on networks, and multiple platforms is desired.
- Must possess the ability to articulate in written and oral communication.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and maintain a computer forensic lab on a daily basis. The ability to multi-task is critical. The successful candidate must be very detail-oriented, and must be able to interact with other staff and clients, in person or by phone.
- An extensive interview will be conducted, and will cover a variety of topics, such as network architecture and information security, to computer forensic methods and best practices, as well as investigative techniques. Candidate will have to pass in depth background check.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent field of study.
- Advanced studies in Information Security a plus.
- Desire to solve problems that have no textbook solution
- Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with object oriented design and development.
- Data exploration and data modeling skills.
- Experience working with recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies.
- Experience in large global environments spanning multiple time-zones.
- Prior experience performing enterprise analytics support and building programs to support risk based decisions processes.
NBC Universal - 30+ days ago
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...