Goodwin Procter LLP., is hiring an Information Security Manager, reporting directly to the CIO. This position can work from any one of our seven offices in the U.S. (DC, Boston, NYC, Menlo Park, San Francisco, Los Angeles or San Diego).
In this consultative role you will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the firm’s IT Security framework. You will use your strong security industry technical skills coupled with your outstanding communication skills to partner with key stakeholders and work closely with the CIO and the Program Management Office coordinating the ongoing maintenance of the firm’s IT practices and procedures.
As an individual contributor you will be responsible for:
• Managing the IT Security and Governance of the firm by providing technical contributions to the firm’s IT policy and procedures as well as providing guidance regarding IT security issues to the CIO, IT Directors and Managers, and the firm’s IT Committee.
• Managing third party audits, e.g. client security audit, contracted IT security audits (e.g. penetration testing, etc.).
• Reviewing IT product and service vendor agreements with respect to compliance to the firm’s IT Security requirements.
• Developing, implementing, and managing an internal IT Security Audit Plan.
• Identifying and resolving complex technical issues within the firm’s security infrastructure and proactively identify improvement opportunities with the firm’s IT Management and staff.
To be successful you will need:
• Expert knowledge in IT Security frameworks and solutions.
• Active participation in IT Security Forums inside/outside of the Legal Industry.
• Excellent technical communication skills with a strong desire to achieve customer satisfaction; must be able to communicate effectively across entire organizations.
• Operating knowledge of security configurations with respect to one or more of the following security products
• Firewalls: Cisco, Juniper (Junos , McAfee, Checkpoint)
•IDS/IPS: Cisco, Juniper, Mandiant, McAfee, HP (Tipping Point)
•NAC: Cisco, Aruba
•Proxy servers: Blue Coat
• Operating knowledge of security issues associated with one or more of the following network platforms and related Edge devices:
•Cisco, Nexus, Juniper, Checkpoint, Aruba, Riverbed
• Strong security knowledge of O/S (desktop and server) Security – Windows, Linux.
• Strong security knowledge of browser security issues (IE, Safari, Firefox).
• Ability to learn new technologies and security features.
• Knowledge of Windows and Unix (Linux) operating systems.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
• Knowledge of ITIL Service Management principles.
The successful candidate will have:
• Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) ,Cisco Certified Network Professional(CCNP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation(s).
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the capacity of a systems and/or security engineer.
Goodwin Procter LLP - 14 months ago
One of the largest law firms in Beantown, Goodwin Procter has branched beyond its Boston roots to establish offices on the East and West...