The Information Security Operations Engineer is responsible for assisting with the designing, engineering and administering a full range of IT security systems, auditing all of the information and physical security (as it relates to information technology) solutions and overall IT security environment including endpoint, network, server and border security and VPN security.
The Information Security Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring that secure practices, procedures and policies are designed and implemented, provides input into future state decisions regarding information security technology design.
- Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information technology resources.
- Administer network and computing devices/systems that help enforce security policies, audit controls and in a global environment.
- Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Coordinate maintenance of security-related systems (Anti-Virus, Patching, Intrusion Detection, Logging, Anti-spam, etc.)
- Daily administration of monitoring tools, including maintenance and upkeep
- Daily monitoring of enterprise networks and management of alert notifications for suspicious/malicious behavior (this will include after-hours and weekend/Holiday availability)
- Help formulate security architecture recommendations and design security services
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Implement technical solutions to support PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27001 and other regulations as required
- Must be familiar with a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SIEM/syslog, IDS/IPS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, security incident response and Identity Management software
- Recommend and coordinate the application of fixes, patches and disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
- Solid familiarity with application and network security, encryption techniques (data at rest) as well as database monitoring (SQL) and MS certificate management.
- Respond in a timely manner to suspected loss or misuse of information technology assets.
- Participate in investigations of suspected information technology security misuse or in compliance reviews as requested by auditors.
- Participate in and acts as a technical leader in, periodic information systems risk assessments including those associated with the development of new or significantly enhanced business applications
- Communicate unresolved information technology security exposures, misuse, or noncompliance situations with appropriate management.
- Provide users and management with technical support on matters related to information security such as the criteria to use when selecting information security products
- Advise Information Technology Security Officer on technologies, practices, and policies that can mitigate security issues.
- Monitor VPNs, server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection/prevention logs, network traffic and other security systems for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and implement plans for resolution.
- Monitor current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy
- Work with IT Architects, Infrastructure Engineering, and Operations to design and implement IT security policies and procedures, including firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection/prevention systems, cryptographic systems, biometrics, anti-malware vulnerability management and patch management software.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards.
- Assist with SOX compliance validation and reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience directly related to information technology security in medium to large international enterprise environments. This experience should include active participation in security programs and processes that have contributed to the development and administration of an organization wide IT security architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with network and IT security components, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-malware software, data encryption, VPN’s, vulnerability scanners, server operating systems, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and practices relating to information privacy and security.
- Knowledge and understanding of current security standards and regulations such as ISO 17799, COBIT, NIST, ITIL, and HIPAA, etc.
- The demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to information security and privacy issues.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical staff on issues of information security. The ability to write documents ranging from formal and informal reports, system documentation, and training materials. Must be able to prepare these materials with limited advance notice.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision and limited direction.
- The demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment as an individual contributor.
- The demonstrated ability to apply effective organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of current project management principles, processes, methodologies and tools for information technology projects
- The ability to provide support after normal business hour as needed.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- CISSP, CISM, ISSAP certification desired
- Certification in operating system, directory services, firewall, VPN, router and/or other technical areas desired
Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Travel Requirements: No Travel
About Genomic Health
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address...