The Information Security Risk Assessor will perform functions related to Risk Assessment and Information Security Consultancy and ensure compliance with RBS Global Information Security policy and Regulatory requirements across all business units within RBS Securities, North America.
The primary responsibilities of the Risk Assessor position on the IT Security Team are:
- Identify and evaluate Business and Technology Risks within critical applications, infrastructure, business process and controls applying the internally established Risk Assessment standards. Identify, evaluate and document risks and provide security consultancy to remediate the risks.
- Work with IT and Business staff to perform pre-development security evaluation and architecture guidance.
- Maintain an up-to-date task list in the team task register and provide regular task reports on major projects.
- Interface regularly with staff from various departments (e.g. IT, Operational Risk, Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance), communicating security issues and responding to requests for assistance and information.
- Develop and promote security awareness and best practices on technologies used; Understand and be fully fluent in all aspects of our Global Information Security Policy and industry best practices.
- Interface with various global and regional groups to provide input and assessment of security tools and assist the local groups with the adoption of the global product suite
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years experience in Information Security with minimum 3 years hands-on experience in any of the security roles of Network, Operating System, Application or Database administration combined with Risk Assessment responsibility
- In-depth knowledge in Authentication, Cryptography, Secure Development, Network Security and Operational Security
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization, task and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Industry certifications a plus (CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH)
- Previous experience in a Financial Services firm a plus
"It It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws."
“Employer immigration sponsorship not available for this role.”
RBS - 17 months ago