This position performs specialized duties in the area of Information Security & Network Services and helps support the institution’s Information Security Program under direction of the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Assists the network and security team in protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the institution’s information assets.
- Assists in the development of information security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Assists in network security design and implementation.
- Assists in performing security audits for servers and workstations.
- Assists with the institution’s information security, awareness, and training program.
- Assists in information security investigations and e-discovery.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for two to three years.
- Two years of relevant information security / cyber security experience in enterprise environments.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Relevant information security and/or network certifications highly desired (
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of information security and cyber security in enterprise environments.
- Knowledge of routing, switching, and wireless networks.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and OS X security controls.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulatory laws and standards for the safeguarding of sensitive information and data.
- Skill in various scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.).
- Skill in oral and written communication.