Line of Business: OPS - IT Services Group
Job Category: Professionals
1. Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, business or related field, or
equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of experience in the field of information security
3. Advanced knowledge of mainframe security systems, information security risk
assessment techniques, system development/methodologies, and project management
4. Proficient in the use of personal computers and standard computer software
applications, including Microsoft Office
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Effective presentation skills
7. Strong interpersonal skills
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
9. Ability to travel as needed
1. Support the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and
assistance in all projects with regards to security issues.
2. Process security requests for all computing environments supported by the
Information Security Department and provide on-call support for security
3. Work with business users to provide client support and trouble-shooting
4. Develop, implement, and maintain security standards and procedures needed to
provide an appropriate level of access control and data integrity for
computerized information assets.
5. Coordinate Corporate cyber investigations to ensure confidentiality and
impartiality in all matters, while guarding the integrity of all evidence
6. Provide training for new staff members.
7. Design, recommend, and implement security strategies that will provide the
degree of asset protection compliant with Corporate security policies.
8. Develop and maintain process documentation that will provide operational
guidelines for all systems supported by the Information Security program.
9. Conduct quality assurance reviews of the processes/practices employed by the
Information Security staff in executing the responsibilities and operational
activities of the department.
10. May serve as a Team Leader with responsibility for day-to-day operations,
mentoring of other team members, peer review of project work, and problem
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...