NCI: As part of a team of motivated professionals, the Information Security Specialist (ISS) ( Information Assurance Engineer III ) provides Mark Center tenants with support for their current and evolving common IT requirements in the areas of network and IT infrastructure support, network security, systems analysis, engineering, configuration management, telephony, wireless services, enterprise network management solutions, data center operations, data backup and storage, disaster recovery, and surge support. The ISS supports all activities needed to obtain certification and accreditation on all the networks, equipment and systems at all classification levels under the purview of the Office of the Administrative Assistant (OAA) Designated Approving Authority (DAA). The ISS will administer the Connection Approval Program and Tenant Security Process in accordance with Army, DoD, Joint, Intelligence Community regulation or policy.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to DOD information system programs for life cycle security support, from inception of the program through initial accreditation.
- Develop a methodology and procedures to be followed by accreditation personnel while providing life cycle security support.
- Participate in formal and ad hoc certification and accreditation working groups where directed.
- Provide technical documentation required for the site certification and accreditation process.
- Develop an on-line database or use a COTS product such as TELOS IA Manager which reflects the current status of each accredited system and those systems requiring accreditation.
- Conduct technical analysis and documentation of DOD standard systems security to include the requirements for COMPUSEC, and COMSEC.
- Identify and assess security requirements and deficiencies in local and area networks (LANs) and commercial switching, transmission and signaling networks.
- Monitor the implementation of and compliance with, DIACAP C&A standards to promote uniform application of the standards and consistency in security of accredited DoD information systems.
- Develop risk management guidelines.
- Develop, maintain, and publish the Connection Approval Process implementation memorandum.
- Maintain CAP documentation for each connection to the backbones.
- Update packages when there are modifications, additions or changes to tenant networks.
- Update all packages at least annually.
- Support and assist in coordination of Agent of the Certification Authority (ACA) visits.
- Proficiency in DISA VMS, DoD PKI/PKE, IT Architecture, MS Office Suite, MS Office Visio, MS Operating System Client (XP/Vista), MS Operating System Server (2003 & 2008), MS SharePoint (2007/2010), MS SQL Server (2005/2008).
- Proficient skills in Oral and Written Communications, Presentations and Briefings, and Technical Requirements Analysis.
- Highly proficient in Information Assurance. 8570 Level IAT 2 Required certifications CISSP and MCSE.
- Two additional certifications desired - CCNA; Citrix CA; GIAC Security Essentials; HP Accredited SE; Linux CA; MS Certified - Database Administrator, Desktop Support Technician, IT Professional, Solution Developer, Systems Administrator; PMP, Red Hat Technician, Sun Solaris SA, VMware Professional.
- Bachelors Degree
- 4 years experience in IT
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI Information Systems, Inc. - 10 months ago
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...