Outstanding opportunity within this extremely stable Financial Services organization that has been in Dallas for over 50 years! You will work with the Manager of IT Security to help implement and support the necessary controls and procedures to cost-effectively protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Provide guidance and direction for the physical protection of information systems assets to other functional units.
- Provide reports to management regarding effectiveness of data security and make recommendations for the adoption of new policy and procedures.
- Assist with monitoring the logical security environment, as well as research security incidents as needed.
- Help with administering the logical security activities by maintaining the User ID and access rules for the processing platforms.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the information protection policy, as well as provide security related user training as needed.
- Assist with maintaining logical security reporting that facilitates logical security monitoring on each of the processing environments.
- Help ensure compliance with software licensing agreements through periodic monitoring and enforcement activities.
- Assist with coordinating Information Technology's contingency planning effort, assisting in plan development, maintenance and testing.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience with firewall administration (Checkpoint), Web proxy (Bluecoat) and Intrusion detection and other infrastructure security matters
- 2+ years of experience in Information Systems Security working with UNIX, Windows and/or Tandem systems.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Security solutions such as firewalls, intrusion detection, mail relays, and internet proxies, UNIX/Linux, Microsoft Operating System, Active Directory, TCP/IP and Networking, relational database, transactional websites, personal computer and related peripheral equipment required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification (CISSP) and other relavant IT Security or Networking certifications preferred.
- Experience with the application systems aspects of the banking or investment services industry preferred.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively work with all levels of management.