Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa), an award-winning information and knowledge management firm in Oak Ridge, TN, is now accepting applications for a full time Information Support Specialist position working at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission in the metropolitan DC area.
This position involves a variety of associated administrative, staff support, and planning activities, and requires proactive communication by interfacing daily with customers, administrative staff, and management to understand administrative and information requirements.
- Communicate and interact regularly with internal customers, external customers and co-workers to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed satisfactorily.
- Prepares monthly reports using data from a variety of sources.
- Provides administrative support functions including development of schedules, meetings and agendas, travel arrangements, and other duties as may be required.
- Provides support activities such as answering telephones, assisting and resolving customer problems, and responding to inquiries.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers various data.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in Administrative Science or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Requires two years’ experience directly related to administrative duties in a government contractor environment.
- Ability to learn proprietary computer systems quickly.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of commonly accepted administrative support concepts, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access.
- Skilled in database management and records maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions independently.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to meet commitments, works independently, and set personal standards.
- Ability to meets deadlines and responsibilities.
- Ability to handle confidential information and exercise discretion.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the NRC, which requires US Citizenship
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Information International Associates Inc. - 18 months ago