General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) has an immediate opening for an Advanced Engineer to join our Information Assurance team. The position provides an opportunity to work directly with some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. GDAIS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to secure clients information systems and their contents. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Advanced Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Advanced Engineer – Information System Security Officer (ISSO) designs, develops, and recommends integrated security solutions for multiple classified systems/projects. The successful candidate will analyze and coordinate information assurance requirements for networked and standalone systems within environments of varying complexity levels. They will also be responsible for creating and maintaining certification and accreditation documentation. The ISSO will design, develop, and recommend security solutions for platforms with various operating systems. Successful candidates will ensure system security measures comply with multiple regulatory requirements (e.g. NISPOM, JAFAN, DCID/ICD 503, DODRMF), and accurately assess the impact of modifications, changes, and vulnerabilities for each system where needed. They will coordinate their duties with selected Security, Information Technology, and Project Managers on a regular basis. The ISSO will conduct reviews and technical inspections (as prescribed by the ISSM) to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional. They will also create and maintain all information assurance documentation (e.g. SSPs, Security Profiles, approvals, etc.) for their assigned areas.
- Practice creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance..
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the GDAIS culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure GDAISs services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
· Have experience with supporting multiple types of computer hardware and operating systems (i.e. Windows or Linux/Unix) in networked, peer-to-peer, and standalone environments
· Be familiar with the security features and potential vulnerabilities of various operating systems and hardware.
· Be capable of, and familiar with, auditing systems and performing basic system administration duties (e.g. administer user passwords, configure access controls and system privileges, etc.)
Qualifications: Candidates must demonstrate a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of emerging technologies, and the ability to effectively manage and protect information systems in a cost-effect manner.
The Advanced Information Assurance position requires a bachelor’s degree in an Information Systems area or field or the equivalent, and a minimum of five to eight years of related experience. Applicants with a Master’s degree and three to five years of related work experience also qualify.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
· Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, DCID 6/3, ICD 503 and/or the DIACAP. Regulation is based on customer requirements
· Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment and working with classified processing requirements, classified operating and/or laboratory environment.
· Preparation of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documents and procedures.
· General Dynamic TACLANE experience
· Delivery of IA related briefings and training material
· Current verifiable certification that meets or exceeds the DoD Directive 8570.1 (i.e. Network +, Security +, CISSP or other approved certification).
· Possess an active security clearance