Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO seeks an Information Systems Analyst Intern to assist the Research Department of our Pricing and Product Management department in the Washington, D.C. metro area. This analytical and computer savvy team supports GEICO's Actuarial Pricing and Product Management department and are a vital part of developing and executing initiatives that significantly impact our business!
As an Information Systems Analyst Intern you will:
*Program technical solutions that improve efficiency and/or automate existing processes
*Develop new web reports to provide easier and regular access to vital information *Perform complex data queries quickly
*Improve efficiency of current programs that are used to pull large amounts of data
*Improve and add to documentation for current and new programs
* Gather analysis data from many sources
* Recommend improvements to current systems, applications and processes
Qualified candidates should have:
* Have a working knowledge and/or formal education in of one or more of the following programming languages: Base SAS and SQL, Visual Basic, or HTML
* Be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or other analytical or technical discipline if you also have practical programming experience)
* Possess superior quantitative, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
* Have an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0
This is an excellent opportunity for a computer programming college student who wants to gain some practical business experience while pursuing their undergraduate degree. The number and timing of work hours is flexible within a typical 9-5 work week, and hours can vary throughout the year depending on class and college break schedules.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
GEICO - 11 months ago
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...