The Information Systems Analyst (ISA), under the direction of the Business and Technology Managers, is responsible for providing support to attorneys and staff in the areas of office-specific technologies, mobile technologies, core business applications and records management work processes. The ISA plays a key support role in facilitating the efficient and accurate life-cycle management of e-records stored in firm managed systems. The ISA supports system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance, and growth. In addition, the ISA contributes broad experience with law firm technologies, business process improvements, and a high level of business and technology expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
• 5+ years of progressive information systems analyst experience in an Information Technology environment.
• Must have outstanding customer service and communication skills including presentation skills.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with users and other staff who may have little or no technical background.
• Demonstrated ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with teams.
• Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Solid understanding and knowledge of networking and hardware, including office technologies and mobile device support.
• Hands-on experience with supporting smart phones, tablets, and other types of mobile devices. Ability to effectively support smart phones, tablets, and other similar mobile technologies as a device for the production and consumption of attorney work product.
• Experience with IT Service Management methodologies including Change, Configuration, Incident, Problem and Request Management, along with Time Tracking is highly desirable.
• Strong facilitation, communication, and presentation skills. Excellent organization skills. Excellent writing skills to create business requirements documentation.
• Ability to develop good working relationships with attorneys, administration, and technical staff.
• Competent at adjusting priorities and managing time in a fast paced environment.
• Effective organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acts as the primary liaison between timekeepers and the CIO organization for end-user support, daily office-technologies problem analysis and resolution activities.
• Acts as the primary liaison between timekeepers and the CIO organization for new technology initiatives and programs.
• Works with Records Management for operational and technical support for the Firm’s records management business processes and core software applications.
• Maintains an understanding of a broad range of legal processes and related systems in the industry.
• Maintains an understanding of Firm business and the business processes specific to that office and for the administrative departments and practice groups located in that office.
• Provides consultation, technical content expertise, and business process analysis, while promoting a greater adoption of technology and the business application solutions.
• Collaborates with office management or designated business leaders to understand and document technology needs, while working with the various CIO organizational departments to align business needs and effective technology solutions.
• Participates in end-user support activities for the Firm. This includes facilitating the resolution of Help Desk calls through the effective use of the IQTrack call tracking system and proper management of remote IT staff resources to ensure the successful resolution of Help Desk service requests.
• Promotes a “One Call Does It All” program by effectively escalating service calls, while managing and monitoring call resolution. Proactively review service call history as part of a daily routine to follow-up with attorneys and staff, while ensuring effective use of technology.
• Communicates status, business impact, and system changes to supervisor(s), team members, office management, and other interested parties.
• Coordinates issues, tracking, and resolutions. Participates in testing activities for new software, upgrades, troubleshooting, and other project assignments. Provides guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios.
• Assists Knowledge Management & Training with guidance and strategies related to training core business applications.
• Handles conflict thoughtfully. Listens attentively and reinforces words through considerate body language, asks probing questions, and solicits multiple sources of advice prior to taking action.
• Builds relationships by sharing information, ideas and problems. Shares information and readily determines who to go to for relevant information. Seeks assistance and feedback in the problem solving process. Partners with others to achieve expectations.
• Provides business and technical support for assigned office administration activities. Takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met.
• Provides telephone and on-site support for timekeepers on special work product to enable timekeepers to work more efficiently.
• Promptly responds to Help Desk tickets assigned to local office IT support, including after hours support as required.
• Continues to develop skills, knowledge and ability to improve processes and procedures, and keep updated on trends and developments in the industry. This includes meeting annual personal development goals.
Education and/or Experience:
BA or BS from an accredited college or university and five years experience in assigned or related field; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click ¡§apply online¡¨ at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP - 11 months ago
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...