Information Systems Analyst.
An Information Systems Analyst assists in maintaining the functional operation of the information systems that support the operational needs , specifically ensuring that the clinical record and data are accurate and reliable. Interacts with other departments to coordinate activities related to the information systems to include development, maintenance, security, and hardware.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinates and performs activities related to the functional operations of the department's Information Systems on a daily basis, both inter- and intra-departmentally.
Assists in adapting and developing the department's Information Systems to meet departmental and patient care provider's needs, and ensures regulatory compliance.
Serves as a systems support and technical resource for users and product manufacturers and vendors.
Assist with the development and coordination of projects as directed, using project management tools.
May be responsible for maintaining department's master patient index database(s), including statistical data collection and enterprise communication.
Ensures data integrity and patient identifiers are consistent between computer systems that comprise the patient health record. Coordinates activities to ensure medical records merges are completed and patient identifier data is accurate in all systems that comprise the EMR (ADT, EPIC, Chartmaxx, etc).
Conducts computer systems orientation and training classes for staff, physicians and other users.
Serve as a liaison between HIS, Patient Access, clinical areas and IS&T to resolve patient identifier issues.
Monitor automated workflows and related processes.
Maintain user security tables for all HIS Department computer systems.
Conduct and/or coordinate activities to fulfill ad hoc study requests.
The ability to work on multiple projects, to establish priorities, to recognize what needs to be done, and initiate activities without direction.
Knowledge of protected health information (PHI) which includes federal/state regulations.
Coordinates and performs systems security audits and other Protect Health Information activities.
Participates in the achievement of the organizational and departmental goals. .
Supports and participates in continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
Performs other responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Health
- Information Management or related discipline is preferred.
- Intermediate computer operation skills including basic database maintenance and project
- management skills.
- One (1) year experience working with clinical information or related systems is preferred.
- One (1) year experience working with HIS (Health Information System) Department business operations.
- One (1) year implementation experience with HIS, EMR (Electronic Medical Record) or
- clinical information systems is preferred, experience with an EMR system required.
- Requires a broad use of independent judgment, critical thinking and responsibility.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and positive interaction with customers.
- Consistently provides a high standard of customer service.
- Requires broad use of presentation and communication skills.
- Possess knowledge of automated workflow applications and processes.
- Requires meeting leadership skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects, to establish priorities, to recognize what needs to be done,
- and initiate activities without direction.
- Knowledge of protected health information (PHI) which includes federal/state regulations.
Children's - Covers All Locations
Hours Per Week
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - 14 months ago
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a not-for-profit hospital system that specializes in pediatric health care, research, and...