This is responsible technical work in configuration, analysis and maintenance of applications and/or information systems for a particular department. The employee works independently in developing methods, procedures, and policies for electronic information processing, access, and/or manipulation. Work involves setting access security controls, developing report files, and working with vendors to facilitate user interaction and ensure that information processing needs are correctly interpreted and met.
Salary range for this position: $20.17-28.50 per hour
Examples of Work Performed:
· Assists in developing standards and procedures for using office computer systems.
· Trains system users and answers users’ ongoing questions.
· Develops solution to problems with operating standard or custom application software.
· Configures and tests application software.
· Keeps department staff informed of any issues and fixes for department software.
· Assists in recognizing and developing improvements in record systems, communication systems and/or other processes.
· May perform statistical research of a varied nature.
· Works on special projects which may require attendance at meetings to exchange ideas and information.
· Assists higher-level employees in analyzing and evaluating information, developing alternatives and formulating conclusions.
· Performs special duties of a varied nature which do not affect basic policies or programs.
· Performs system analyses of a minor nature.
· May repair or replace computer hardware and/or components.
· Completion of work assignments may require the operation of a vehicle.
· These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements of Work:
· Knowledge of the functions, practices, and principles of information processing, analysis, and management
· Some knowledge of research techniques, sources of information, and statistical procedures
· Advanced ability to use a computer to access, interpret, and record information, for up to seven hours per day
· Ability to train users of a department’s current operating system and software.
· Ability to help users in person, over the telephone and/or by computer for at least seven hours per day
· Ability to learn the principles and applications of basic analytical techniques, recognize problems, and suggest solutions
· Ability to manage multiple priorities
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates and representatives of other organizations
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
· May require ability to acquire and maintain a valid Kansas driver's license.
· An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Training:
Graduation from a four-year college, or two years (60 hours) of college and two years of responsible technical experience which includes advanced experience with electronic information processing. An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening.
City of Wichita - 9 months ago