People leadership/supervisory skills
Project management-estimating, planning, controlling,
Problem solving and analytical skills
Experience with the following:
- Virtualization (VMWare, VSphere, MS Hyper-V, Citrix
connectivity to switch and direct storage
- Enterprise Antivirus (McAfee)
- MS Server (2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012)
- MS Exchange Server (2007, 2010)
- MS SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2012)
- SAN experience with Fibre / iSCSI / eSATA / NFS
Group Policy, DFS, Exchange, SharePoint, IIS, MS SQL,
- Microsoft "Back Office" skills; Active Directory,
DNS, DHCP, IAS
Switch/Router/Firewall, VLAN, Priority)
- Network Design & configuration (Cisco
General Summary – Primary Functions:
- Firewall Management (Rules, VPN, Security knowledge)
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the
Credit Union in achieving its mission of becoming the
members’ financial partner and helping to fulfill their
life-long dreams. Your role to achieve this mission will
be to provide outstanding service to internal members
and to provide technical assistance to users of the
telecommunications system and the computer network on
problems and related projects. Assist with operation of
the computer network, the telecommunications network,
and peripheral equipment. Independently coordinates and
completes Information Systems projects. Support a sales
and service culture.
users, vendors, and IT for all network systems.
- Acts as the key technical liaison between system
departmental and organizational projects that
- Provides portfolio management and support for all
require Network & Hardware Services (NHS). This
includes scheduling NHS staff time for projects,
providing time estimates, and tracking to ensure
deadlines are met.
direction of the NHS department. This includes
- Develops and maintains the strategy and future
creating departmental goals and metrics that align
with the credit union business objectives and that
support a safe and secure operating environment for
the credit union.
changes may benefit or otherwise impact the credit
- Keeps informed on new technologies and how these
to ensure compliance with departmental goals,
- Coaches and directs staff in operational activities
objectives of the credit union, external
regulations, and budgetary requirements.
the NHS area including time sheets, job
- Directs the personnel administration activities for
descriptions, job assignment, training, performance
evaluation, and compensation review.
- Develops an annual budget for the NHS area. Monitors
Provides information, system data extracts, and
- Develops policies and procedures for the NHS area.
other support as needed for internal and external
policies and applicable laws.
- Manages employees in accordance with Credit Union
new employees; assisting in the career development
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training
and training of employees; planning, assigning and
directing work; appraising performance in a timely
manner, rewarding and disciplining employees,
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Administrator II or other staff as appropriate for
- Handles support issues escalated from Network
data, networking, or telecommunication problems and
appropriately communicates the actions to resolve
problem cannot be resolved.
- Contacts the appropriate vendor for service when a
- Escalates unresolved support issues to the VP of
applying appropriate design principles as the
- Responsible for analysis of network architecture and
network grows and as structural changes are
practices for performance, manageability, security,
- These design principles must adhere to best
and must be in compliance with regulatory mandates.
security to assure that any changes to the network
- Responsible for the ongoing analysis of network
or to devices on the network are in keeping with
best security practices.
firewall(s), intrusion detection system(s), and log
- This includes the management of the Credit Union
and executed in coordination with the VP of
- Changes affecting network security should be planned
information obtained through NCUA audits,
- Best security practices will be guided by
third-party security assessments, third-party
security consultants, and by any technical security
training provided by the Credit Union.
- Responsible for ongoing analysis of disaster
Technology and other NHS staff in the design,
- This includes working with the VP of Information
testing and implementation of disaster recovery
projects and plans.
to support projects, and system enhancements.
- Provides research and testing of technical systems
departments to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Works with vendors, NHS staff, and Credit Union
pertinent information and records.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of
software, hardware, and network vendors to ensure
- Maintains professional relationships with all
timely corrections and new enhancements.
- Relays all major system upgrades to VP Information
- Performs additional duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent
(switch/router/firewall), servers, computers,
- Minimum of six years of experience in related field.
- Extensive knowledge of networking
software and databases.
- Strong logical ability and the ability to
nights and weekends.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including late
including policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the financial industry,
- Strong logical ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead others.
A+ Federal Credit Union - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
A+ Federal Credit Union was founded in 1949 by a group of 50 teachers during a picnic meeting at Zilker Park in Austin.