The Project Manager directs transformational projects to significantly increase the value Information Systems (IS) organization provides to Amgen.
Sets direction, and executes projects to achieve the strategic transformation goals of IS. Projects may encompass; IS governance, organizational change, business process change, (project management methodologies, supply and demand management of services), sourcing (on-shore and off-shore), supplier relationship management, staff development and innovative information technologies and services.
Assists in creating and presenting high quality business cases and supporting financial models inclusive of Net Present Value (NPV) or other business acceptable cost benefit analysis.
Provides daily direction to project team members including the planning, resourcing, prioritization and sequencing of project resources.
Develops and executes comprehensive project plans including resource, risk and communication management, and other project governance processes.
Creates and maintains financial and value capture plans inclusive of program capital and expense budgets for projects under incumbents control
Assists in the creation of Requests for Proposals (RFP) for IS transformation projects in partnership with Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) and other stakeholders. May remains as the accountable IS project lead throughout the RFP and vendor selection process depending on project size and scope.
Proactively resolves issues and challenges that may impact the value of projects under incumbents control
Proactively identifies interdependencies with the IS transformation projects. Takes self directed action to work cross functionally to address interdependencies, overlaps and exploit integration opportunities.
Builds productive, trust based relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Seeks opportunities to increases the credibility of the IS organization through application of business knowledge and professional skills.
Leadership Scope: Works across the enterprise and with outside business partners in establishing project objectives and delivering planned results
Routinely interacts with senior leadership and other high level, cross functional committees or teams.
Influences organizational change through daily behavior and in the implementation of communication plans, marketing campaigns and other creative methods.
Resolves conflicts among internal organizations and builds collaborative relationships both internally and externally with suppliers.
Leads by example; mentors and coaches Amgen staff and others as required or requested. Applies Amgen Values in all work. Basic Qualifications • Doctorate degree OR
- Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of directly related experience OR
- Associate’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience OR
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience Preferred Qualifications • Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with information technology focus.
- Depth and breadth of experience and knowledge of program and project management concepts and processes, can demonstrate skills in situations with a large number of variables and high-level of complexity.
- Exhibits an expert ability to impact and influence project outcomes.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels across IT functions and the business.
- Demonstrates expert skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Demonstrates courage and self-confidence in dealing with issues and in broadly communicating information across the organization.
- Must be able to identify, assess and resolve complex business problems/issue/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, etc.
- Certification as a Project Manager Professional (PMP)
- Financial expertise in developing business cases including Net Present Value (NPV) calculations and value capture methodologies
- Track record of success in complex projects and programs as well as management and mentoring of Project Managers and other professional staff
- Experience in software development life cycle and business planning
- MS Project, Clarity, SAP financials or similar tools
Amgen - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...