Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace is a leader in design, development and manufacture of innovative aerospace systems. We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products that enable exciting missions.
Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs. We were also a pioneer in the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing imaging systems and spacecraft that helped spawn a new market-driven demand for imagery. Our projects offer some of the most difficult and exciting challenges in aerospace.
We employ approximately 3,000 talented engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff. And one of the keys to our success is our people. Our employees take great pride in their contributions to better understanding our planet and protecting the nation.
What You´ll Do
· Develop and administer users' security briefings to ensure all users are aware of all requirements of the System Security Plan (SSP).
· Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to senior management, Automated Information Systems (AIS) managers, system users, and custodians relative to AIS security matters.
· Maintain a configuration management system to track and control all components of AIS used in support of classified programs.
· Identify, evaluate, and document all AIS and other equipment to ensure compliance with red/black engineering and Emanations Security requirements.
· Perform audits of all AIS, investigation anomalies, and record and report findings, as required. Coordinate and/or conduct detailed inquiries; assess potential damage; and develop, document, implement, and monitor corrective action plans.
· Perform data spill containment and clean up per company policy and customer direction.
· Perform self-inspections as required by government regulations i.e. (JAFAN, NISPOM, DCID standards) and participate in customer audits and inspections.
· Research software to be used on classified systems and coordinate the use as required by customer regulations.
· Analyze, interpret, and verify AIS disaster recovery/contingency plans to assure the rapid recovery of AIS in the event of an emergency or disaster.
· Perform other functions as designated or delegated by Security Management.
· Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit / Strategic Support Unit and the Company.
· Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
What You'll Need
· BS in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
· Must have strong working knowledge of JAFAN 6/3, NISPOM chapter 8 Information System Security and DCID 6/3.
· Demonstrated abilities to troubleshoot computer hardware, peripherals, software and network issues without technical assistance
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
· Experience with writing System Security Plans and procedures.
· Strong proficiency in Hardening systems.
· Must be able to perform investigations dealing with computer events.
· Applicants selected will be subject to a Government Security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
· CISSP Certification, Windows Auditing Certification, DITSCAP/DIACAP Certification and experience with Linux/Unix are preferred.
This position requires a current favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Some positions will require completion of a polygraph examination. * U.S. Citizenship Required.
Relocation: Relocation for this position is Available
In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree may substitute for two years of related experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.