Job Title: Information Systems Security Officer
Job Code: HITS02141024
Job Location: Herndon, VA
- Obtain and/or maintain approval to operate assigned systems
- Ensure system availability, data integrity and confidentiality of classified systems in a SCIF
- Evaluate ISS aspects of information technology hardware, software, networks and communications interfaces
- Recommends measures to maintain compliance with government regulations
- Develops reports and security plans for IS systems
- Maintains databases for various systems
- Provides basic IS Security training and guidance to internal customers
- Bachelors degree in an IT/ISS-related field
- CISSP, CISM, or GSLC certification required (DoDI 8570.01 IAM III)
- Minimum 5 years experience as an ISSO supporting classified systems
- Minimum 3 years experience with NISPOM Ch8, ICD 503, or NIST 800-53
- Minimum 5 years experience with DCID 6/3 or JAFAN 6/3
- Minimum 3 years experience developing, managing, providing evidence to close POA&Ms associated with the A&A and project management processes
Preferred / Additional Skills:
- Ability to self-start projects and work without constant supervision
- Understanding of computer hardware, software, networking, communications and their relationship to ISS/IA
- Industry IS Security/Information Assurance training
- DIACAP or NIST 800-53 experience; other C&A experience
- CISSP/CISM/GSLC (DoD 8570.01 IAM Level III)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and be able to work well with internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate technical terms/concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Work individually as well as part of a team
- Effectivley manage ones time and be able to prioritize assigned tasks
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SSBI Security Clearance with CI Polygraph and to maintain the clearance.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
USA - VA - Herndon
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial...