At Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), we’re committed to assisting government, industry and nonprofit organizations achieve world-class competitiveness. In carrying out that mission, we recognize that our employees are our most important asset. Our organization has been recognized continually as an exceptional place to work. Visit us online at www.ctc.com for more information.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and be recognized as a corporate innovator with a respected national reputation for solving complex technical challenges? Become a part of our team. CTC has an opportunity for a qualified Information Systems Security Specialist (ISSS) in Clarksburg, WV.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY SPECIALIST (ISSS)
Primary Responsibilities: This position will provide Information Systems Security support to a federal government client and their end-clients. The ISSS will perform technical support and oversight focused on the development, operation, management and enforcement of security capabilities for systems and networks. Technical support is concentrated on the protection and defense of information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality and non-repudiation. This includes assessing configuration changes for security impacts AND assisting in the development of alternate courses of action or implementation of resultant measures. The successful candidate will perform Information Security Officer program support to include, but not limited to, continued maintenance of the client security policy providing for briefings at state and vendor conferences in collaboration with other Federal, State and Local law enforcement; supporting concept development and delivery of security policy related to topic papers and briefings to various subcommittees and working groups related to the client environment; research and analysis on industry best practices related to information technology security; comparative analysis of law enforcement technical security solutions and information security practices against the most current client security policy; enhancement of the client's collaborative website space; development and implementation of creative training delivery; participation in routine teleconferences and meetings within and outside of the client organization; research and respond to various forms of communication received from internal and external customers; and represent the client organization when the client is unavailable.
Other responsibilities may include: documenting the security architecture; developing user security guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); providing Information Security Controls and guidelines to nodes and network management systems; review security threats and determine/implement effective countermeasures in association with established policies/regulations/directives and document security measure policies.
• Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution involving the academic curricula listed above and at least 10 years of experience in information security or a related technical field and, at a minimum, comply with the applicable DoD 8570.01-M IAT level III (CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA or GCIH); CISSP is preferred.
• Successful candidate should possess experience with DoD’s defense-in-depth architecture, the capabilities associated with the DoD architecture and the Global Information Grid (GIG) and Information Assurance (IA)/Computer Network Defense (CND) Policies and Procedures. This position addresses DoD 8570.01-M current and anticipated requirements by focusing on the Information Assurance Technical (IAT) requirements. Academic curricula which supports this labor category include: Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Systems Technology, Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Engineering and Computer Science.
• Extensive leadership in information security policy standards, architecture, technology and programs.
• Broad background in information security practices within the Federal and/or State governments.
• Practical experience in the assessment of security solutions and analysis of a given solution’s capability to meet policy guidelines.
• Proven experience working in collaborative sessions demonstrating strong verbal communication skills along with tactful negotiation skills.
• A history of producing quality written documentation including policies, procedures and instructions.
• Proven grasp of information technology concepts and principles.
• Experience in the analysis and assessment of current trends within the information technology and information security space and the ability to apply those trends to business processes.
• Experience with broad scale implementation of cloud solutions and small form factor mobile solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to build an effective, cohesive and collaborative team.
Clearance: U.S. citizenship required. An active U.S. Government Top Secret clearance is required for this position.
Join us! CTC offers exceptional career growth, corporate values, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work. We have a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes online at:
Reference Code: SR# 2013-0375