Provide DISN E2E Converged IP Network Services across the Global Information Grid (GIG) for effective command and control and information dominance. Implement UC on the unclassified and classified Wide Area Network (WAN) that is secure, reliable, and interoperable. Provide engineering, planning, testing, and management support for the DISN migration to a UC architecture.
The work effort will support current operational performance and the evolution from the existing architecture to a future IP converged environment. Another objective of this effort is to provide a centralized Network Administration of the Enhanced Switch Reporting System (ESRS) Telemetry Network, data collections, and administration that supports the DRSN Network management and ESRS.
- Performs DISN integration and IA testing for cryptographic devices and protocols
- Develops, executes, and documents results of cryptographic device IA test plans
- Provides C&A support for STEP IA tools suites and operational sites. Develops, executes, and documents results of router and firewall IA test plans
- Evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines. Implements, enforces and communicates security policies and/or plans for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications
- Performs product evaluations, recommends and implements products/services for network security
- Provide engineering support in the analysis, design, development and systems integration testing of special initiatives and communications technologies for implementation in the non-classified IP router network (NIPR) and secret IP router network (SIPR)
- Reviews and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security
- Provides enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites. Ensures system support personnel receive/maintain security awareness and training
- Provide engineering expertise in the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation process of initiatives and proposed enhancements and modifications for inclusion into the IAP (Internet access point) network infrastructure situated between the Internet and the DISN
- Experience working with NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
Cambridge International Systems Inc - 17 months ago