U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance with polygraph.
Headquartered in Ashburn, VA, Intelligent Decisions (ID), a premier systems integrator, provides a broad range of innovative, IT professional services, software, hardware and manufacturing solutions to Federal, State and Local governments and Fortune 1000 customers. Ranked on the VARBusiness 500 and CRN's Fast Growth 100, ID offers best-value pricing and helps clients meet their strategic goals and mission objectives. ID is a results oriented organization full of smart, energetic people with a passion for solving the industry's most challenging IT problems
The ISSO will work directly with security (C&A) personnel, systems engineers, and product developers to design and implement technical security mechanisms on target systems. The candidate must be able to apply ISSO policies across the board with an emphasis on C&A. Particularly important is the ability to effectively communicate with customers to understand mission needs and then translate security policy into actionable technical requirements that meet those needs and satisfy C&A objectives. The candidate is expected to implement, enforce, communicate and develop security policies and plans for data, software applications, hardware, and telecommunications. He/she will provide security engineering recommendations to the overall program design and will evaluate the security requirements of the program equipment in preparation for Design, Test and Evaluation control gates and system C&A activities. In some cases, the candidate will be required to directly assist with the development of C&A documentation.
Facilitate Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation.
Control and maintain IAVA (Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert) patching on firewalls and other network devices to ensure that the organization is up on compliance.
Filling out the SSP (System Security Plan) template.
Skills and experience the candidate must have or demonstrate:
- Minimum five (5) years in a technical security role with knowledge and hands-on implementation experience in security engineering practices and principles, application development processes.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as an Information Systems Security Engineer supporting IC and DOD systems security architectures in design, development, requirements definition and analysis, process execution and evaluation, and achieving C&A compliance.
- The ability to work closely with application developers and engineers to develop and recommend alternative solutions that maximize system performance and satisfy security requirements.
- Experience collaborating with team members and the customer to meet mission needs and satisfy security requirements in an agile development environment.
- Must be Self-motivated and results oriented with effective written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge and understanding of other IT disciplines and how they relate to systems security engineering (software, hardware, network, integration & test, configuration management, change management, and system life-cycle management)
Knowledge of PKI, LDAP, and/or XML
Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Engineering practices
Candidates should have demonstrated firewall knowledge and IAVA and SSP experience.
Since 1988, Intelligent Decisions (ID) has been developing innovative IT solutions to solve the most challenging requirements of our client,...