We are currently looking for an HL7 Engineer to join our team in Miami, FL. In this position you will be responsible for the configuration, testing, implementation, and on-going support of HL7 interfaces across the United States. The HL7 Engineer is active in all steps of the interface development from the project planning phase to technical support.
"About us": Health Robotics is the global leading supplier of life critical intravenous medication preparation, compounding, and dispensing robots, providing healthcare facilities around the world with robotics technology and software automation solutions (www.health-robotics.com)
As the HL7 engineer you work with customers and other healthcare system vendors to develop methods of exchanging key clinical data with existing HL7 interface specifications to meet customer workflow demands. The HL7 Engineer is responsible for coding and mapping interfaces based on specifications from the customer, integration development, working with project management for to coordinate new HL7 projects, testing of HL7 data messaging, monitoring interface engine ensuring uninterrupted and uncorrupted message transfer, acting as technical expert as necessary. Work directly with clients as technical support to assist in resolving their issues. This includes calling clients to collect additional information, discuss possible solutions, and to confirm the issue has been resolved. Provide feedback on repetitive problems encountered in the field to R&D. Provide weekly status reports reflecting all current, completed and upcoming activities.
- At least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Working knowledge of HL7 standards.
- Knowledge of ADT, orders, results and billing interfaces.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously and the ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and final users to resolve problems.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug test and a background check.
- Flexible schedule, ability to work after hours and/or weekends as needed.
- Experience with healthcare technology and/or workflow analysis extremely helpful.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
Health Robotics offers a competitive compensation package which includes an annual bonus plan that is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application requirements and selection process:
Interested candidates will need to submit the following information:
- A detailed resume describing work experience and education
- A cover letter or brief summary explaining why you are a good fit for the position