Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites.
Additional Company Information
This role is within Compuware's Professional Services Division. We deliver technology solutions in collaboration with clients to ensure their applications perform well and deliver value, regardless of the technology used. We serve our North American clients and their world-wide locations through regional locations and our global delivery organization. We leverage our 40 years of service expertise and innovation to solve challenging IT and business issues to enable clients to become high performance organizations.
Position Description & Responsibilities
- Provide full user support for agency's standard application software in order to meet user/agency needs
- Conduct training in order to develop agency personnel skills in the operations and capabilities of applications and systems
- Implement system security measures such as backups, access control, system accounting and disaster recovery in order to maintain system integrity and availability
- Install and configure internal hardware components such as memory, disk and tape drives in multi-user, personal computers (PCs) and servers in order to maintain or enhance system operation and capabilities
- Perform troubleshooting and fault isolation on PCs, servers, LANs or related system components in simple configurations in order to maintain system availability
- Accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support IT/APPS infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation
- 6- 8 years of Windows/Linux system administration experience
- Experience performing installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Experience in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Experience assisting project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred.
We offer a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and continued education reimbursement.
We invite you to explore www.compuware.com/careers and discover more about our work, our people and how our values extend beyond the business. We hope you’ll consider joining our extraordinary team. At Compuware, your talent and intelligence can take you as far as you want to go.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and...