Koniag Services, Inc. |
is looking for a full time Information Systems Training Specialist Intermediate and Senior level for our customer site in Tampa, FL. This is a direct, full time position with our company. This position will be contingent upon contract award. This position requires a Top Secret/SCI Clearance .
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and a PTO program.
The Information Systems Training Specialist develops training curriculum for current and future communications systems in response to current missions' analyses, lessons learned and after-action report (AAR) data, and provide direct instruction to JCSE technicians. Training shall be focused towards the JCSE's tactical network operational architecture, the CJCSM 6231, Manual for Employing Joint Tactical Communications, JCSE Planners’ Guide and Interface Guide, and development of training standards and preventative maintenance inspection procedures. Organizes, prepares, and conducts complex training and educational programs for information systems or user personnel. May design and develop in-house programs. Maintains records of training activities, employee progress, and program effectiveness. Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of information systems training.
Must possess a current Secret level security clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide technical training on JCSE-owned commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) tactical kits incorporating data, transmission, voice, and video systems capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance to unit personnel in order to enhance understanding of telecommunications network architecture planning tools and processes.
- Provide network security training to include principles of packet filtering and application gateway firewall principles, application of Intrusion Protection Systems, and security processes and procedures such as the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- Develop communications exercise evaluation criteria using published DoD telecommunications standards, telecommunications industry standards, and unit standard operating procedures.
- Provide systems administration training on system server operations and administration to include configuration, administration and maintenance of Windows 2003/2008 servers, Active Directory 2003, Exchange 2003, Microsoft Terminal server and other Microsoft services to include DNS, DHCP, File, and Print
Education, Experience & Skills:
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor’s Degree, or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Extremely knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance of network equipment including Cisco manufactured network and IA hardware/software, Riverbed Wide Area network accelerators, Dell servers/desktops, and Microsoft software applications.
- Operating, configuring, administering, and managing Windows operating systems and Exchange services to include:
- Application knowledge of server operating systems.
- Solid understanding and support of large DNS, WINS, and DHCP networks.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills on server operating systems and layered products.
- Extensive knowledge in the operation and maintenance of JCSE communications systems including: the Joint Mobility Package (JMP), Pacstar Initial Entry Package (IEP), and the Early Entry Package (EEP), and the Deployable Joint Command and Control (DJC2) core system.
- Strong knowledge in the operation and maintenance of iDirect satellite modems.
- Extensive experience in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video networking technology systems to include vendors such as Cisco, Tandberg, Motorola, and Harris.
- Hands-on experience using network management software such as CA Spectrum, Solar Winds, Agilent NetMetrix, Remedy Service Desk, What’s Up Gold, and Snifferpro.
- Working knowledge of iSCSI SAN (Storage Area Network) technology, Dell blade server technology and backup server technology.
- Working knowledge and ability to train VMWare 4.0 technology to include ability to upgrade and configure hosts, virtual machines, virtual switches, and perform virtual machine migrations.
- Certification in MCSE-Server and CCNA (recommended CCNP).
- Server security, upgrades and deployment of security and operating system patches
- Modem technologies to include ViaSat, Hughes, COMTECH and special operations modems utilized for TDMA and FDMA support.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.