The City of Pasadena is looking for a highly motivated and customer service focused candidate to support a variety of current business applications with the primary focus as a team member for the implementation and support of the Tyler Munis Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) related modules, features and functions.
This career opportunity includes:
- Becoming a core team member of the City's ERP project.
- Working closely with City departments to help them take full advantage of the City's ERP system.
- Apply application development skills to extend functionality of current City's systems including ERP system and develop new systems.
Accepting and reviewing applications until the position is filled. Please note the posting may be closed at anytime.
MUST APPLY ONLINE
- Maintain liaison with business and technical staff and extended support organizations for resolution of ERP application and database issues in a timely fashion
- Provide support to a broad range of application issues in Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft SQL Server environments
- Assist end-user development of ad-hoc queries of ERP data in a Microsoft SQL database
- Develop custom solutions in SharePoint environment to automate City business processes
- Develop reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Develop integration between ERP and other City business systems
- Work with end-users to analyze, design, construct and implement applications in support of regular business operations; document applications and provide cross-functional training as needed
- Assist, analyze, plan and implement data conversion of existing data into new ERP system
- Coordinate the design and testing of application/database system upgrades with users and technical staff
- Prepare test plans and evaluate test results for application implementations, modifications or upgrades
- Ensure that external/internal regulations and policies governing data management are met, including regulations concerning security, audit and privacy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Take the initiative to dive into new roles, assignments, and projects with energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Critical thinking skills to resolve problems by analyzing situations and identify and work through a series of trouble-shooting steps to arrive at a solution.
- Communication skills to clearly explain complex concepts to various audiences orally and in writing.
- Customer focused and solution oriented to identify requirements and meet business objectives.
- Interpersonal skills to build enduring, long-term, positive and productive relationships with co-workers and customers built on outstanding performance, trust, character, responsiveness and reliability.
- Organization and planning to proactively prioritize manage multiple efforts/projects.
- BA/BS from an accredited four-year educational institution in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related field
- At least 5 years of experience in two or more modules of ERP System (finance, budget, payroll, human resources, etc...).
- At least 3 years of experience with:
- SharePoint Development tools (SharePoint Designer 2013/2010, ASP.NET, Web Parts etc.) is required
- Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft SharePoint Business Intelligence (PowerPivot for Excel, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server OLAP Cubes etc.) or Tyler Munis Business Intelligence Toolkit is required
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server TSQL
Applicants who appear best qualified based on their application submitted will be invited to any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate their job-related experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Probationary work test period is one year.
There is one vacancy in the Department of Information Technology. As a result of the selection process, an eligible list of candidates will be established which will be used to fill this vacancy and other similar vacancies that may occur in the future.
The classification of Information Technology Analyst III is currently the subject of a city-wide classification study and has been recommended to be retitled to Senior Applications Developer. If this recommendation is formally adopted, incumbents will automatically be moved into the new classification.