Information Technology Analyst
As an IT Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and with a cooperative team on complex projects that may span multiple infrastructure components or applications.
You will develop your professional network and leadership skills, assisting in the creation and support of IT Solutions that enable Caterpillar success.
Further, you contribute real value by developing, integrating, and/or supporting in-house and purchased applications or infrastructure solutions in order to solve business problems.
Other duties may include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Working directly on application / technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions;
- Participating in integrated testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components;
- Working with vendors on the integration of purchased application(s) and/or infrastructure; and
- Designing and implementing processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Computer-related or Engineering-related four year College or University Degree;
- Zero to two years of progressively responsible IT job-related experiences; and
- Knowledge of the latest technology in programming languages, computing hardware & software and current development processes and tools.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Cobol Programming
- JCL Programming
- ADCC Mainframe
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
- The following criteria will be beneficial but not required:
- IT experience related to programming, integration or infrastructure;
- Computer related or Engineering related Masters degree; and
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following business processes:
- Supply Chain
- Product Introduction
- Product Support
- Some knowledge of an ERP systems; i.e, MAMM, MCS Releasing, SAP, Mfg Pro, CBS, etc.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website
Feb 26, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Illinois-East Peoria-EPEORIA01-East Peoria Bldg AD-US
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...